My teaching style is unique and will be a bit different from others. I do not believe teaching is just a job and only with a online coaching students will be able to explore every bit of knowledge. I would like to meet my students, (and parents often-depending the level of teaching) , learn them and give the perfect training that each student require.
I was working as a Research Associate in a prestigious Biotech company mainly focused on T cell engineering to make novel therapeutics against several cancers. Currently i moved to UCL to pursue a PhD in Immunology and Cancer Therapeutic engineering.
The charge that showing above will cover the travel expenses within East London area. Charge will be vary depending on the travel distance if its a in home teaching. I will be able to do lesson outside London during weekends.
I also provide assignment, projects help and support.
2018-Current Doctoral Researcher (PhD) -UCL-Immunology and Cancer Therapeutic engineering.
Pursing a PhD to develop novel T cell treatments against Cancer.
2014-2015 MSc Cancer Cell and Molecular Biology (Distinction on Research project) University of Leicester.
Relevant modules: Introduction to molecular techniques, Research methods in cell biology, Research methods in cancer biology, Advanced topics in cancer biology.
Final year research project on Targeting BCL2-proteins as a treatment for small cell lung cancer. Using small molecule inhibitors, ABT737 and ABT199 against BCL-2 family proteins and determining the expression level of these proteins by western blots and Flow cytometry amongst other techniques.
2011- 2014 BSc Biomedical Science (Upper second class), Middlesex University.
Relevant modules: Cellular Pathology, clinical biochemistry, haematology and transfusion science, medical microbiology and immunology, Approaches to Experimental Research and Laboratory Practice and Skills.
Final year research project on the effect of phenethyl isothiocyanate (PEITC) on the viability of acute myeloid leukaemia cells (AML). This pilot study used PEITC on AML cell and measured the apoptosis level by FACS.
Relevant Work Experience
Doctoral Researcher -UCL-Immunology and Cancer Therapeutic engineering- September 2018-Current
Pursing a PhD to develop novel T cell therapeutics against Acute myeloid leukemia.
Research Associate - UCL spin out Biotech company January 2017-September 2018
Member of Binder discovery group focusing on discovery of antibodies to target different cancer antigens by Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T cells.
• Routine generation of novel chimeric antigen receptors via antibody screening campaigns.
• Responsible for Transgenic mice project to find antibody against specific cell receptor.
• Problem solving for complex phage display protocols including modification of library design and cloning, primer design and vector construction. This has improved antibody library diversity and influenced the success of screening campaigns.
• Working on multiple cloning projects simultaneously with phage display and bio panning.
• Presenting and preparing data/reports on different projects for databases and to scientists.
Research Technician –UCL spin out Biotech company January 2016- December 2016
Member of Synthetic biology group focusing on the engineering of specific chimeric antigen receptor T cells (CAR T cells) against several cancers through molecular cloning.
• Engineered different CARs targeting different cancer antigens
• Multiple projects expanded knowledge and experience in lab environment.
• Working for several projects while giving training to new staff.
• Gained knowledge in molecular cloning and related techniques.
• Researched and introduced new reagents and kits to make cloning more simple for the general lab.
• Phage display libraries: Multiple species, RNA extraction from PBMC/spleen and lymph nodes, Biopanning and antibody screening.
• Molecular techniques: Genomic DNA extractions, PCRs, Cloning, Cloning Designing etc
• Protein work: Hek293T and CHO cell transfection, SDS PAGE, Western blotting, ELISA, FACS
• Cell/Tissue techniques: Sterile tissue culture, siRNA knockdown, Tissue processing and staining.
Raj is a great teacher. Great teaching strategy and really friendly person. His teaching skill is excellent and work well with most of the students. Thanks for the classes and good luck with your PhD.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking microbiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£40||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£190||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£380||Not available|