It's crucial to find out what exactly the student is struggling with and work from there - whether they find the subject boring, irrelevant, or whether they're struggling with something more fundamental that they haven't understood in class. Once we work out why it is that the student needs help, I tailor my approach to make the lessons as relevant and helpful as possible.
I like to make the language as relevant to the student's life as possible, so I encourage exposure to music, film and media in the target language.
Hi! I am a UCL graduate in Spanish, French and Philosophy, with two years' experience as a teacher of English as a foreign language abroad. I love learning new languages myself: I've taken classes in Italian, Portuguese, German and Arabic, so I really understand what it's like to try and get your head around a language and a new way of expressing yourself. This has helped me enormously as a teacher because I can approach learning from many different perspectives, having been a student so many times myself (and having experienced all kinds of teachers). I taught English to over 300 students at a high school in Colombia for a year, and spent a year giving private lessons in Spain, from 1-on-1 classes to groups of 12. Therefore, my experience with different learning techniques and abilities and behavioural issues is vast, and I can easily tailor my tutoring to any kind of student.
University College London Sept 2011 – May 2015
BA European Social and Political Studies with French and Spanish – 2:1
Cambridge Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) – ‘A’ Jan 2016 – March 2016
Merton Adult Education
● Learned how to tailor my teaching to students’ different paces and abilities
● Commended for my manner and rapport with students, making them feel comfortable participating
● My commitment to my students, lessons and the course was acknowledged by receiving ‘5’ (excellent) on every section and subsection of my Final Report
International House, Academia Británica Huelva Sept 2017 – June 2018
● Comfortable teaching a range of levels, from pre-A1 to B2, and ages, from 6 to adult
● Experienced in preparing students for Cambridge exams (KET, PET and FCE)
● Have taught three semester-long intensive courses at B1 level
● Familiarity using official Cambridge preparation materials, as well as Oxford (for non-exam classes)
Heart for Change Colombia July 2016 – June 2017
ESL Teacher, Public High School
● Flexibility fundamental to deal with constant changes in the schedule
● Adaptability and patience required as resources often unavailable at the last minute
● Developed classroom management techniques to successfully engage classes of 45 students, in very hot weather, used to a level of discipline I had been unfamiliar with
● Devised ways to motivate students who often didn’t see the value of learning English in a community with few opportunities and prospects
Private Tutor Oct 2012 – present
● Experience in both UK subject-specific tutoring and English language teaching
● Skilled at creating a comfortable, safe atmosphere in which the tutee feels at ease letting me know when they don’t understand
● Able to quickly identify their pace and areas of difficulty and design lessons with this in mind
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|