I can give lessons to KS3, GCSE and A level students. I always gauge the student's knowledge of the fundamentals in the first lesson unless I am needed for revision purposes. My methodology is primarily based on linking the textbook material to real life applications so that the student can appreciate the content and hopefully consider a STEM degree.
I am a UCL post-graduate engineering student with a first class honours degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Surrey. I have tutored GCSE, KS3, Foundation and first year university students maths and physics for a number of years. I ensure my students achieve the results they aim for and I focus on the fundamentals of each area to make sure my students are well equipped for the future.
Present MSc Engineering with Innovation and Entrepreneurship, UCL
IMechE accredited programme with a focus on innovative engineering in materials, biomedical applications and renewable energy systems. Includes an APM accredited Project Management course.
2015-2018 BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering, University of Surrey, 1st Class Honours
Modules included: CFD and Numerical Methods II, Control and Dynamics, Solid and Fluid Mechanics. Dissertation was on coupled CFD-multizone simulations for naturally ventilated buildings.
• Problem-solving and critical thinking employed in designing a stair-climbing electro-mechanical device with passive stabilisation to carry a payload and an autonomous drone capable of reconnaissance and payload delivery.
• Research skills and the ability to statistically analyse data from a large data set to perform and validate a coupled CFD-multizone simulation of a naturally ventilated building.
• Applied my CAD, design and project management skills by serving as lead designer and project manager for both design projects, designing and fabricating fully-functional prototypes within budget and on time. Carried out active risk and resource management to achieve forecasted milestones.
• Liaising with suppliers for the parts used in production to ensure components are up to pre-defined quality standards and carried out calculations and simulations, including FEA, to ensure that parts are able to withstand loading conditions.
2014-2015 International Engineering Foundation Programme, Queen Mary, University of London, 1st Class Distinction
• Communication skills through interacting with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
• Presentations skills, delivering various presentations to academics and fellow colleagues using MS PowerPoint and Prezi; topics included fracking and global population trends.
• Academic writing, through a dedicated module. Wrote an expository essay on the fresh water scarcity crisis.
2013-2014 BSc Industrial Engineering, Arab Academy of Science and Technology, GPA 4.0
Modules included Calculus I, Calculus II, Statics, Dynamics and engineering drawing among others.
2010-2012 AIS (Alexandria International School), Egypt
IGCSEs: Chemistry (A*), Biology (A), Physics (B), Maths (A), English (A), Accounting (B), French (A) and Arabic (A).
Jun-Oct 2017 Presenter, Genie Lab
• Carried out and presented STEM-based experiments for children aged 4-9, ensuring that the explanation style is adjusted to each child’s learning needs
2014 – 2017 Personal Tutor, Freelance
• Helped Engineering Foundation students achieve a 2:1 and 2:2 on the programme. Subjects included: Fluid Mechanics, Statics and Mathematics I and II.
• Helped first year students achieve a 2:1 and assisted others in passing their summer resits.
• Also tutored primary, secondary and GCSE students in Maths, Physics, Biology and Chemistry.
Omar is a wonderful, knowledgeable tutor! He is very patient and makes sure to adapt his style to the student, and likes to give vivid examples to demonstrate his points which makes the lesson very engaging and interesting and the point stays in my head. I would 100% recommend Omar to anyone looking for a committed, dedicated tutor!
He is super friendly and has a great sense of humour too! :-)
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking school science lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£30||£30||Not available|