My teaching method tailored to the individual; I prefer to speak with a potential student before their lessons to build a clear list of the skills they want to master within the said lesson, and then I devise clear and succinct explanations and examples to aid them with this.
I am a current BSc Economics student at the University of Nottingham. I have previously tutored students on a voluntary basis in GCSE Maths, GCSE French and reading for dyslexic students, one of whom noticed a 5 year improvement in his reading age at the end of the academic year.
Cancellation will not incur cost. I do ask, however, that I be made aware of this as soon as possible.
University of Nottingham BSc (Hons) Economics 09/2019- present
• Modules in Growth and Development, Current Issues, Economic Integration, Mathematical Economics and French (level C1)
Queen’s College, Taunton 09/2006- 07/2018
• A-Level: Biology (A*), French (A*), Mathematics (A)
• GCSE: 11 A*’s, including Mathematics, English, all three Sciences, French and Spanish
Awarded academic and music scholarships
EMPLOYMENT & TEAM EXPERIENCE
• Tesco ꟾ Customer Assistant 09/2018- 04/2019
- Worked with a diverse group of colleagues to deliver excellent customer service
• Voyager Adventure ꟾ Water sports Instructor 04/2019- 08/2019
- Delivered structured water sports sessions, as part of a team of 12 instructors, to large secondary school and college groups, as well as to several family groups
- Acted as the company’s French translator, negotiating deals and arrangements with the French companies with whom we worked
- Chosen to run excursions for school groups with more complex requirements
- Selected to organise evening entertainments for a group of clients staying at the subsidiary campsite during the peak week of operations
- Commended by the senior management team for my client focus, professionalism and thanked for aiding them with more sensitive issues with my translation skills
• Curload Consultants ꟾ Acoustic engineering work experience project 07/2016-10/2016
- Met with clients to discuss problem and the constraints for the necessary solution
- Researched acoustic panel designs and mathematically designed my own
- Wrote a full report on the project, including my design, and then pitched it to Curload Consultants, later submitting it to the client
• Mentoring a younger pupil with dyslexia 09/2018- 05/2019
- Tutored an 11-year-old pupil each week throughout my last year in sixth form. Corrected his pronunciation, grammar and spelling. His reading age improved by 5 years.
• Carol singing for charitable causes 12/2018 & 12/2019
- Conducted rehearsals for chamber choir Christmas performances in Lavender Court care home, Bristol Royal Children’s Hospital and in St Margaret’s hospice.
• Trinity Guildhall: Grade 8 Jazz Saxophone (Distinction), Grade 8 Classical Guitar (Distinction), Grade 6 Clarinet (Distinction), Grade 5 Theory of Music (Merit)
• ABRSM: Grade 5 Piano (Merit)
• Duke of Edinburgh awards: Bronze and Silver
• British Canoeing: Whitewater Award and Foundation Safety and Rescue Training
• RYA: Powerboat Level 2 and Safety Boat
• ITC Outdoor First Aid Certificate
• Current affairs: Avid reader of Le Monde, observing how another culture responds to global change
• French: Trying to ascertain fluency in my second language, an important lingua franca in international affairs
• Team sport: Played canoe polo at club and school level. Currently play at university
oral expression - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£12|