Since everyone's going to have different strengths in each subject, I'll first go through your exam board's syllabus with you so we can identify which topics you think you are most confident with so we can better divide our time together and focus more in depth on the remaining topics. Don't worry, this won't require any tests - I'm super flexible, you get to direct your own learning with a few jokes along the way!
After deciding which topics you'd like the most help with, we can start looking at a rough time allocation for each, and I'll make you a fresh lesson plan so we can go over it in the next session... and then we can get started properly :) If you want to change anything, feel free to let me know and we can discuss it.
I currently live in Dronfield (S18), I've just finished my A-Levels - A*AB. I got the A* in Maths, the A in Chemistry, and a B in Biology. I've also got an AS-level A in Computer Science (achieved 2019). I'm off to Liverpool for Computer Science with a Year in Industry at the end of this month, but I can still tutor you afterwards when I come home (every 2-3 weeks). I can teach Maths, CompSci, Biology and Chemistry at A-Level or below, as well as English Language, Physics, RE and History at GCSE or below.
I have experience in:
Java/XML - particularly in the Android environment
Scratch - great to build confidence!
At GCSE or below:
£6.50 per hour + £2.30 for travel (2.5+ miles away from Leabrook Road)
£31 for 5 hours + £12 for travel (altogether - £2.40 per session)
£60 for 10 hours + £25 for travel
£6.50 per hour + £2.30 for travel
£31 for 5 hours + £12 for travel
£60 for 10 hours + £25 for travel
£7.30 per hour + £2.50 for travel
£35.50 for 5 hours + £10 for travel
£70 for 10 hours + £21 for travel
£7.10 per hour + £2.30 for travel
£35 for 5 hours + £9.50 for travel
£67.50 for 10 hours + £20 for travel
I am currently an A-Level student aspiring to pursue a career in the technology industry industry. I have therefore endeavoured to gain work experience to gather insight into areas related to this setting. I pride myself on being adaptable and remaining both efficient and rational even in stressful situations.
I have a keen interest in both science and technology, as well as being naturally inclined towards creative solutions and alternative perspectives. I strive to branch out of my comfort zone, and so am now looking to tutoring because - well, let's face it, school is super stressful, even with all the planning and organisation in the world!
GCE ‘A’ Levels (2018 - 2020)
Maths (A*), Chemistry (A), Biology (B)
Achieved June 2020
GCE ‘AS’ Level (2018 - 2019) Computer Science (A)
GCSE (2016 - 2018) (Summary Grades: 8 A*, 1 A, 1 B)
• Mathematics (9/above A*), English Language (8/A*), English Literature (8/A*)
Biology (8/A*), Chemistry (8/A*), Computer Science (8/A*), History (8/A*)
Physics (7/A), German (6/B), Religious Education (9/above A*)
BARNARDO’S KIDS CHARITY VOLUNTEER (NOV. 2019 – JAN. 2020)
• Collaborate with team members, including being supervised by a manager who was on the
• Undertake routine tasks, activities such as organising, stocking and pricing donations
• Adhere to Health & Safety Regulations as discussed during staff training
• Entrusted with handling customer transactions, including sensitive information
• Assist with training new volunteers, including familiarising them with store protocols
• Ensure store is tidy and displays are organised to appeal to young children and their carers
GP SURGERY, SCAWSBY HEALTH CENTRE, DONCASTER WORK PLACEMENT (JULY 2019)
• Shadow GP on a home visit to a terminally ill patient, whereby discussions were held calmly and
professionally with family to organise long-term palliative care
• Observe Practice Nurse, includes well-being check for a pregnant patient signposted to
appropriate mental health services for overcoming anxiety and addiction
• Observe a mental health related consultation for a teenage girl and her parents, led by the
Advanced Nurse Practitioner
• Shadow healthcare assistant enquiring about and recording a new patient’s medical history
• Undertake administrative tasks such as filing letters and digitising sensitive records in
accordance with GDPR requirements
PHARMACY ASSISTANT, PEAK PHARMACY WORK PLACEMENT (JULY 2019)
• Observe student pharmacist during consultation; advice given having observed customer’s
symptoms identifying possible causes and treatment options
• Interacting with customers of varying ages and backgrounds
• Serving customers with a friendly, helpful attitude whilst observing good hygiene practices and
being under pressure throughout
• Dispense medications under supervision, including controlled drugs which required seeking
assistance from colleagues
• Shadow employees during various admin and practical tasks, activities such as producing labels
for medication boxes
• Cleaning and organising shelves for improved presentation, thereby encouraging sales
• Remove expired medications and label items due to expire to avoid dispensing of potentially
• Administrative tasks including filing a significant volume of patient records
• Signpost customers to appropriate parts of the shop as needed
SOCIAL TEAM MEMBER, NCS SOCIAL ACTION PROJECT (AUG. 2018)
• Participated in a summer programme, building confidence and teamwork skills in an unfamiliar
• Managed stall at a ‘Big Event’ organised by our team
• Engage in friendly conversation with locals to raise money for RSPCA and CAMHS
• Liaise over telephone and email with local companies to negotiate prices
• Create colourful and clear posters to encourage turnout
• Demonstrated empathy consoling homesick peers
LIBRARY ASSISTANT, DRONFIELD LIBRARY WORK PLACEMENT (MAY 2017)
• Advise customers regarding issued items, use of technology and other general enquiries
• Scan books, DVDs and audio recordings at the checkout
• Adopt efficient methodologies to shelve returned items
• Shadow admin tasks for the local ‘Meals On Wheels’ scheme for housebound community
members and overdue fines
• Entrusted with sensitive information such as addresses
• Assist in the baby/toddler reading group on Mondays, engaging in play and conversation with
children and parents
• Help design a vibrant, engaging display near the young children/toddler section
• Self-taught a range of technologies, the scripting language Python and web-based technologies;
CSS and programming languages e.g. HTML and Java, particularly in the Android environment.
Keen to extend into other technologies.
• Proficient with desktop applications such as Microsoft Office and Eclipse
• Regular participant in UK Maths Trust challenges in schools and universities
• Attended Islamic classes for over 10 years, also have mentored younger students
• Karate student since age of 5. Advanced to Green belt, soon due for Blue belt (7th) grading
• Able to swim over 50m confidently
• Like to experiment with different culinary recipes, adding spicy twists on occasion
• Enjoy going out, particularly to different cities with family and friends
computer skills lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest computer networks lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, computer science lessons for all!
Taking it security lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£5||£8||Not available|
|5 hours||£20||£35||Not available|
|10 hours||£40||£70||Not available|