I base my classes on topics which the child feels they need reinforcement and judging by how they’ve performed in tests at school. I ensure that my lessons include detailed worked solutions which the child can refer back to when they revise the same topic.
I am currently studying Bsc Economics, Mathematics and Statistics and founded a lunchtime Mathematics clinic at my secondary school 4 years ago. Over the years, I have gained a lot of experience helping students from yr7 to 13 in Mathematics.
GCSE students: £9/hr , £40 for 5hrs paid upfront
A-level students: £11/hr, £50 for 5hrs paid upfront
Chelmsford County High School for Girls Autumn 2012-Summer 2017
• GCSEs: 8A*s and 3As (with 9 in Mathematics and top grade in self-taught Additional Mathematics)
King Edward VI Grammar School Autumn 2017-Summer 2019
• A levels: Mathematics – A*, Further Mathematics – A, Economics – B
Queen Mary University of London Autumn 2019-Summer 2022
• Degree: BSc Economics, Statistics and Mathematics
Relevant Work Experience
Part Time Tutor Spring 2018-Summer 2018
• Directed groups of up to 100 students for mock assessment days and assisted coaching and administrative work for regular teaching classes
President of Mathematics Society and Senior Maths Prefect Autumn 2015- Autumn 2019
• Established a weekly lunchtime clinic and collaborated with teachers to organise pre exam revision support for students from year 7 - 11
• Motivated and directed a group of 4 peers to assist in mentoring and organising venues for all sessions
Royal Institution Mathematics Masterclasses
• Selected from over 150 students in my school to receive exclusive masterclasses every week about various current research topics in Mathematics
Awards : Competed in Mathematics Olympiad for 5 consecutive years winning gold and silver awards in the Kangaroo rounds.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£9|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£45|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£90|