I use a communicative approach. The student will quickly improve their speaking abilities as well as reduce their accent using my unique methods. We will often look at articles, videos and other authentic content and during our classes we will discuss these, expanding your vocabulary, expressions and working on your comprehension. We will also spend a short amount of time each lesson working on your language learning technique so that you can have more effective independent study time outside of our classes and while doing homework.
I am a university of Cambridge graduate with 10+ years teaching experience. I have always been fascinated by languages and speak over 10 languages at a variety of levels. I have developed many language learning techniques which I like to share with my students to help them not only improve their level in English, German or Spanish, but also their language learning technique in general.
The student must rearrange or cancel 24 hours in advance.
Queens’ College, University of Cambridge, Cambridge UK October 2013 – June 2017
Bachelor of Arts in Modern & Medieval Languages & Linguistics (German, Dutch and Ab-initio Russian) with a mark of special excellence in the German oral examination
First class honors in several modules including – Dutch Language and Culture, Hispanic Linguistics, Advanced German Writing, Advanced German Oral Examination and Russian Oral Examination
OCR Level 1 Award in Text Processing (Business Professional): October 2012 – June 2013
Distinction Word Processing
Distinction Text Production (including touch typing)
Language Assistant, British Council, Schweich, Germany September 2015 – May 2016
● Created and delivered detailed lesson plans to large groups or individual personalised lessons for individual sessions;
● Collaborated with other faculties to improve the quality of delivery of lessons in English
Private Language teacher & Language Learning Coach September 2012 - Present
● Single-handedly ran two online teaching positions for over 30 students in 5 continents
● Delivered lessons to other aspiring language learning tutors/coaches in order to help them improve the quality of their lessons/materials
Project Coordinator, Stefan Andres Gymnasium Dutch Project, Schweich, Germany April 2016
● Selected assistant teachers to help run the project, created and executed detailed project plans
Head of Content, Tribalingual, Cambridge, UK September 2017 – Present
● Meet weekly with the CEO to discuss progress of Content team and monthly with Board of Directors on medium and long-term plans for the company
● Manage interns and train new members of the content team
● Create detailed templates for unique language course based on personal language learning knowledge
● Collaborate with teachers and individuals from different cultures to participate in sessions which produce high quality language courses using an adaptive communication approach
● Interview potential teachers and future employees for content department
Recruiter, Tribalingual, Cambridge UK June 2017 - September 2017
● Managed full-cycle recruitment functions within the organization to include: requisition/posting process, sourcing, pre-screening, interviewing, pre-employment assessments, job offers, new employee orientation, and onboarding
● Developed talent strategies and led team accountable for implementing staffing initiatives; decreased time-to-fill and recruitment expenses; instrumental in increasing number of staff in a small company from under 5 to over 30 employees
● Sourced candidates through various social networking sites and area colleges, presented to CEO & Senior Board, conducted Skype/Google Hangout/Zoom interviews, scheduled interviews (Google Calendar)
● Researched and delivered presentations on new HR software and trained employees to use various programs
US Team Leader, Interact China, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China March 2018 - Present
● Promoted to US team leader after only 7 weeks - manage a small team and run the US branch; regularly update the CEO’s regarding the work completed by the US team
● Translate and proofread both technical and specialized documents in multiple languages (German, Spanish, English, Italian, Mandarin)
● Selected by Executive Board to participate in MBA style management/leadership training program due to exceptional performance in the first two months
● Collaborate with members of Executive Board with institutional outreach and participate in partnership discussions
Languages: English (Native); German, Spanish, Dutch (Fluent); Russian, Italian (Conversational); French, Mandarin (Beginner)
- Ability to reach a conversational level in any language within a few months of study
Computer: Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneDrive), Pages, Google Products (Drive, Sheets, Slides, AdWords)
- Work remotely on Skype/Google Hangouts/Zoom for several years for a variety of internships and full-time positions
British Council, British Council Ambassador September 2016 – Present
Polyglot Workshops, Volunteer/Blog Writer September 2015 – September 2016
University of Cambridge, MML Department, Faculty Board Rep October 2016 – June 2017
Cambridge University Table Tennis Society, Team Captain June 2014 – June 2015
Cambridge University Radio, Radio show host January 2017 – June 2017
Linguistics Research Book, Co-author December 2017 - Present
Interact China Book Club, President September 2018 – Present
Varsity College Newspaper, Sports Journalist
Employee of the Month, Tribalingual, Cambridge, UK August 2017
Innovator of the Month, Tribalingual, Cambridge, UK September 2017
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|