I will go through the syllabus with my student, ensuring everything that is being taught or will be examined is covered. My tutoring methods will be influenced by the Cambridge supervision style, encouraging engagement with the topics at hand and stimulating thought.
I have just finished my MPhil in Computational Biology from the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics at Cambridge, and I have a Bachelor's in Natural Sciences. I will be available for the year 2018-19 for tutoring Maths and/or Biology up to A-level.
University of Cambridge – Wolfson College 2016 – 2018
Master of Philosophy in Computational Biology (70%)
• Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics
• 91.0% in Systems Biology
• 86.5% in Population Genetic Analyses of Genomic Data
University of Oxford – St Edmund Hall 2017 – 2018
Realistic Simulations and the Effect of Missing Data on Phylogenetic Inference
• Visited to conduct research for Masters thesis (title above)
• 73.0% in Dissertation
• 80.0% in Presentation
University of Cambridge – Magdalene College 2013 – 2016
Bachelor of Arts in Natural Sciences (2.1)
• Departments of Zoology, Genetics, History and Philosophy of Science and Earth Sciences
• 85.6% in Mathematical Biology
St Paul’s School, London 2008 – 2013
4A*s in A-Level Maths, Further Maths, Biology and Chemistry; 11A*s at GCSE
• 2 in STEP II and 3 in STEP III (entrance exams for university-level Maths)
• Gold in Primary, Junior, Intermediate and Senior Maths Challenges
• Gold in Chemistry Cambridge Challenge
• Gold in British Biology Olympiad
• Silver in British Chemistry Olympiad
• Silver in British Physics Olympiad
• National winner of the UKMT (Team Maths) Challenge 2008
Experience with Science, Education and Children:
During a 5-week long voluntary outreach program teaching a class of twenty 15-year-olds basic GCSE chemistry, I introduced them to organic compounds and created my own worksheets for them. I worked with pairs of students explaining the purpose and reactions behind experiments, as well as attending to students requiring additional help (2012).
I was the Natural Sciences rep at Magdalene College (2014-15) and a Practical rep for the Animal Biology course in my degree (2014-15), providing me with insight on how science should be taught as well as showing my commitment to science and its teaching.
Activities with children and teenagers
I was a youth leader of my school’s Christian Union, which involved organizing events, leading theological/philosophical discussions and prayer sessions and entertaining 13-18 year-olds (2012-2014). I also volunteered at my local church community for a year, providing activities for and looking after 4-7 year-olds, and accompanying the church choir composed of children aged 8-15 (2012-13).
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£45||Not available||£45|