My teaching method is based on the idea that students really need to engage meaningfully with a subject in order to understand it. In practice, this means that my lessons are typically fun and lively - it is always far easier for students to maintain concentration and focus if they are enjoying themselves - and involve plenty of discussion so as to ensure that students come away with a thorough understanding of the concepts being taught.
I am a University of Cambridge student reading history. At A-level, I achieved A*A*A in history, English Literature and Latin respectively; at GCSE I achieved 10.5A*s. I am an experienced tutor, having worked for the student-run charity Schools Connect, which supports underprivileged students, and hope to be a teacher or to work in education policy after graduating.
2018 – 2021 University of Cambridge
Studying for BA (Hons) History, predicted 2.1
2011 – 2018 Surbiton High School
A-Levels: A* History, A* English Literature, A Latin
GCSEs: 10.5 A*s including Maths and English
Major Academic Scholarship
EXPERIENCE AND VOLUNTEERING
2019 - 2020 Charities Liaison Officer | The Student Education Initiative
- Joined a newly launched initiative to teach a group of homeless people in Cambridge the AQA Functional Skills courses in English and Maths.
- Responsible for handling communications with the various homeless charities involved.
2019 - 2020 Tutor | Schools Connect
- As part of this student-run charity, tutored disadvantaged students studying for their GCSEs.
2018 – 2020 Secretary | Fitzwilliam College History Society
- After joining as a general committee member and successfully organising and advertising society events and dinners, promoted to be the Secretary of the society.
- Responsible for handling the logistics of our talks and socials across the academic year.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking university entrance lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£12||Not available||£15|