I am available to tutor anyone from primary school level to A Level.
Each lesson will involve an overview of the principles in the topic, worked examples and then assisted question sheets.
I will try to adapt the way I teach each topic to your best method of learning.
I will also go through past exam paper questions as exam season approaches, along with any exam advice you at need.
Evie is the most hard working and commited student I know, giving her the work ethic required to make sure lessons are as useful to the student as they can be. She is also extremely fun, kind and sensitive making her very easy to get along with ideal for making the student feel comfortable.
She was always ahead in maths at school and continues to excell at maths at university giving her the ideal skill set to help anyone with this subject. When I have asked her for help I have found she is great at patiently explaining things, going over any bits you are still unsure of until things are clear for you.
I have been tutoring for the past 2 years at secondary school, GCSE and A level, through Snap Chat skype and face to face in a maths clinic at my old school.
I have taught students that want weekly help going over things they have learnt in class, students that would just like 1 lesson to revise a topic that they don't like, and students that wanted pushing past the level they are already being taught.
2016 - present (ongoing)
The University of Sheffield
BEng & MEng Civil and Structural Engineering
2007 - 2016
Alderley Edge School for Girls
A Levels: Maths (A*), Further Maths (A), Physics (A)
AS Level: History (A)
FSMQ: Advanced Maths (A)
GCSE’s: 9 A*’s, 2 A’s including Maths (A*) and English Language (A)
APRIL 2015 - SEPTEMBER 2016
Macclesfield Leisure Centre - Trampoline Instructor
- Teaching groups of 6 children age 6-12
- Strong management of time skills gained
- Good communication and clear instruction skills used to make sure the children are safe at all times.
FEBRUARY 2015 - JULY 2016
Wilmslow Trampoline club - Trampoline Instructor
- Further developing skills as above
- I also had to adapt my teaching and communication techniques for children with disabilities such as Autism and deafness.
- Completed Bronze, Silver and Gold Duke of Edinburgh’s awards - I became more independent in such a challenging environment and learnt how to interact effectively with a group of people I had never met before.
- Completed DofE Diamond challenge and raised £120 for disadvantaged teenagers - I gained initiative and organised the whole process by myself.
- Engineering Education Scheme by EDT (partnered with SIEMENS) - Lead mechanical engineer in the team. I learnt a lot about engineering in a ‘real world’ environment, seeing a project through from start to finish.
- Gold Crest Award awarded from the detail given in our EES project designing, creating and implementing a speed detection device.
- As well as coaching trampolining, I train twice a week, working towards Level 11.
- I am trying to teach myself Italian
- I enjoy watercolour painting
- I run regularly, recently taking part in the Manchester 10k to raise money for The Christie.
- I am also an avid hiker and camper, the summer of 2016 I climbed both Ben Nevis and Mount Snowdon within 1 week of each other.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£12||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£60||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£120||Not available|