I strive to create an environment where my students feel they are actively engaged in the learning process, allowing them to gain as much out of our time together. I try to explain things in such a way that matches a student's specific learning style (Visual, Oral, Read/Write, or Kinesthetic (learning by doing)).
Sessions I have found are best when structured, however, I always plan to leave a good amount of time for questions that arise during out time together so as to ensure my students get everything cleared up that they need.
I am a business finance graduate with industry level experience. During university I tutored mathematics, accounting and finance courses to students with learning disabilities. Although I studied finance in university, my A level subjects were mathematics, physics and chemistry, for which I got A's in, and with an A* for physics.
Texas Tech University, Rawls College of Business - Lubbock, Texas
Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance Graduated: May 2019
• GPA: 3.66 (Honours)
• Texas Tech University’s Presidential Academic Scholarship (2015 – 2019).
• Lucille and Raymond Pickering Scholarship for Finance (2018 – 2019).
• Participant in the Spring 2019 selective 2.5 million dollar Student Managed Investment Fund at Texas Tech:
- Conducted deadline driven financial and economic analysis and valuations of companies using the Bloomberg Terminal to determine worthy investment stocks.
- Developed attention to detail in analysing key value drivers of prospective companies.
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Level 1 certified.
• American Society of Appraisers Business Valuation 201 and 202 certified.
Techniques Centre at Texas Tech University - Lubbock, Texas
Tutor (August 2018 – May 2019).
• Tutored university level mathematics, finance, accounting, and business courses to students with learning disabilities.
• Encouraged academic self-sufficiency to students through positive reinforcement.
• Assisted students in improving problem solving skills by complementing their unique learning styles (either Visual, Audio/Oral, Read/Writing or Kinesthetic).
• Aided students in developing time and stress management skills.
• Achieved level 1 of the CRLA (College Reading and learning Association).
BVA Group, LP - Houston, Texas
Financial Analyst (October 2019 – May 2020).
• Experienced in performing asset, income and market-based valuations, supported by relevant market and industry research, business valuation norms and detailed analyses of qualitative and quantitative value drivers.
• Value publicly and privately held companies, partnerships and private equity portfolio investments for purposes including fair-value appraisals, ASC 350 intangible asset impairment testing, ESOP transactions, fairness opinions, transfer planning, purchase price allocations and gift and estate tax planning.
• Communicate with clients to assess business operations, market positioning and forecasted earnings in order to determine reliable forward-looking valuation assumptions.
• Develop complex financial models and valuation reports, focusing on both qualitative and quantitative value drivers, business risks, operating risks and financial positioning in order to derive and conclude on value.
• Work directly with the firm’s Partners and senior level management in developing valuation assumptions and present valuation projects to them before issuing client deliverables.
Leadership Experience and Skills
President of the Rawls Business Valuation Club at Texas Tech ( January 2019 – May 2019).
Experienced in: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, Capital IQ, IBIS World, RMA University, Bloomberg Terminal (Bloomberg Market’s Concepts Certified), Mac OS, Adobe.
Languages: English and working proficiency French.
Information Technology A*
Business Studies A*
English Language A*
English Literature A
French Language A
English language b
French Language b
*Certificates available upon request
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|