I am a Batchelor of Arts Geography (Human Geography) graduate from King's College London and have studied Geography for 10 years. I am offering tutoring to students at Primary and Secondary School and up to GCSE Level and IB Level. I am a warm, friendly and patient tutor and I am always looking to help people achieve and be happy. I intend to help students with their school work, in understanding concepts put across at school and in revision and exam techniques.
I used to tutor students younger than me at my secondary school in both Geography and French, helping them to achieve at GCSE and IB level. I have been tutoring for two years and have taught three different students, one achieving an A* in French GCSE. I have also been open to the option of tutoring over Skype and can offer that service for my students.
Education and Qualifications
Bachelor of Arts from King’s College London - 07/2019
• Graduated with Upper Second-Class Honours (2.1) in Geography
• Achieved a 2.1 in Dissertation on the topic of Terrorism
International Baccalaureate from King Edward’s School, Birmingham - 07/2016
• Achieved 38 points including 7 points in Higher Level Geography
• Further subjects include French, Chemistry, English and Maths
• Achieved 6 A*s and 4 As at GCSE, including English and Maths
Non-credit course from University of Leiden - 06/2020
• Terrorism and Counterterrorism: Comparing Theory and Practice
Fundraiser at Smile Fundraising - 01/2020-08/2020
• Awarded ‘Fundraiser of the Month’ February 2020 for raising over £3000
• Led teams of up to 4 fundraisers and helped to improve their skills and confidence
• Built relationships with members of the public, demonstrating good levels of communication
Survey Administrator at EventMAP - 10/2018
• Collected >100 data points per hour and inputted into a database to improve logistics
• Demonstrated time management by balancing collecting data and attending lectures
Summer Intern at Urban Growth Company - 07/2018-08/2018
• Proofread an important planning request for the terminal building at Birmingham Airport
• Conducted research to form planning documents related to the HS2 Interchange Station
• Analysed Twitter followers and interactions in order to help improve social media outreach
• Attended board meetings with up to 8 different stakeholders, including Arup and HS2, and adhered to strict confidentiality
Waiter at Homeslice Shoreditch - 09/2017-06/2018
• Worked in a team to deliver a high-quality experience for customers
• Communicated with customers in order to resolve issues
• Undertook a variety of roles including running food, making drinks and takeaway section
• Maintained excellent cleanliness of the restaurant and adhered to strict health and safety regulations
Summer Intern at Eversheds Sutherland - 07/2014
• Learnt how to file documents effectively and conducted individual/team-based tasks
• School prefect elected by both students and staff
• Non-Commissioned Officer in the school’s Combined Cadet Force
• Captain of one of the school’s hockey teams
Ragnar Löfstedt (King’s College London) – (concealed information)
Claire Barker (Urban Growth Company) – (concealed information)
Dale Ratchford (Smile Fundraising) – (concealed information)
He is extremely kind and patient, especially around his niece and nephew and thus could instantly put the child he was tutoring at ease. He is intelligent and diligent, passionate about his primary subject matter: Geography, and highly knowledgable following his completion of the International Baccalaureate Diploma. Equally, he is honest and would own up to his own lack of knowledge if that were to ever occur, working hard to bridge this gap through furthering his own research/fundamentals of a concept before teaching someone else. His positive energy and sense of humour make him easy to get along with. When this is paired with his ability to problem solve and think in a rational, timely manner, it is evident that he is someone people look up to and so, would make a great tutor.
geography lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest current affairs lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, geopolitics lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|