A 3rd year Maths student currently on track to achieve a 1st class and to become a maths teacher in secondary school. Student can tell me what they struggle with in maths, and I can help them break that difficulty down. I'm very patient and understand how hard maths can be, and all I want to do is to help people try their best and to achieve what you want.
I have previously tutored 1 maths student for 2 year to help him achieve a grade B in both his GCSE and AS-Level maths. He was on a grade D for his GCSE maths before and we worked hard to create a solid maths foundation first, then to go through past papers together and help prepare him for his final exam.
Education and Qualifications:
2015 – Present Loughborough University 2nd year studying Masters in Mathematics
1st year results: 1st
2013 – 2015 Saltash.Net Sixth Form A-Levels:
Maths (A*), Further Maths (A), Physics (B)
AS-Levels: Music (B)
2008 – 2013 Saltash.Net Community School GCSE’s: 11 GCSE’s at A*- B
Skills and Achievements:
CVA Participant Coach of the Year
Silver Duke of Edinburgh
Scouts Gold Award
Head Student in year 13 at Saltash.Net Community School.
UK Junior Mathematical Challenge - Gold Certificate
UK Junior Mathematical Challenge - Best in School
2017 – Present Tennis Ambassador at Loughborough University
- Start job in September 2017, the role will be building on my role as My Lifestyle Tennis Activator, but I will in charge of coordinating a team to be running projects for the Tennis Center to increase participation in tennis at university and how to continue and improve the quality of the sessions.
2013 – Present Tennis coaching assistant to TennisFit
- Level 2 coach assistant (training to become a Level 3 coach) to my employer Tom Wyman to help assist with a variety of tennis sessions such as junior squads, mini tennis and primary schools.
- Occasionally led sessions when Tom wasn’t available to coach, training the ability to be independent and to use initiative instead of relying on others.
2016 – 2017 My Lifestyle Tennis Activator at Loughborough University
- Alongside another tennis activator, we were in charge of coordinating the My Lifestyle Tennis Participation program to run tennis sessions such as Cardio Tennis and Beginners Tennis.
- Created social media links with platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to create a positive atmosphere with all of our participants and to keep them all updated on any events or socials or reminders for any sessions on.
- Was honored at the CVA awards evening at Loughborough for ‘Activator of the Year’ for the hard work that I have done for the club. The award was across all sports at Loughborough University.
2016 – 2017 AU Recreational Tennis Sec at Loughborough University
In charge of the AU Recreational group, consisting of 80 members and to run the session by providing coaching for the members on Monday nights.
- I also ran social tournaments, which were self-funded, for seasonal holidays such as Halloween, Christmas and Easter.
- Also ran casual tournaments on Friday nights and created opportunities for Rec members to play competitive matches outside of the club.
- Created a Facebook page to keep all of our members updated. This includes reminders for when the sessions are on, uploading photos taken during the session and created events for members to socialize outside of tennis.
- Awarded Highly Commended for ‘University Coach of the Year’ across all sports at Loughborough University for the CVA awards.
- Awarded ‘Outstanding Contribution’ by the AU Tennis club in Loughborough University.
June 2012 Work Experience at Francis Clark Accounting Firm
- Worked at the accountancy firm as part of Work experience for 1 week. This included Bookkeeping, understanding the industry of the stock market and analyzing accounts to help find the main unnecessary expenditures of business accounts.
- Earned the ‘Work Experience Gold Award’ by Saltash.Net community School as a result of working hard to get to know the company and understand the structures of an actual business.
June 2010 Work Experience at St Stephens Primary School
- Worked at a reception class at a primary school for 1 week as a teacher assistant.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£20||Not available|