I am a university physics student with a background in tutoring, offering to give lessons in maths in physics at the secondary school level (from 11+ to GCSE).
Firstly, I ask the student a few questions and give a few example problems to assess their current level of competency and discuss what their goals are.
Using this knowledge I will approach the topics at which the student is weakest, first explaining the concepts and maths and walking through some example questions with the student.
Following this I will give the student a further set of similar questions, either in the class or as homework and in the following lesson we will discuss their answers and any misconceptions they have had.
I am a second year physics student at university and have previously tutored 2 students, for several months, as preparation for the 11+ and GCSEs respectively. Both students gained confidence in their abilities of arithmetic and algebra and learned how to effectively approach new mathematical and mechanical problems.
Email: (concealed information)
In second year of study in BSc of Physics at Southampton University with experience in tutoring GCSE science and mathematics from 11+ to A level.
Hardworking, reliable and motivated individual with a strong background in science.
• 2018 - Current: University of Southampton
- Learned how to collect and present data in a scientific way through photonics labs.
- Conducted data and statistical analysis within lab experiments and programming.
• 2016-2018 Saint Olaves and St Saviour’s Grammar School for Boys, A levels: 4 A levels from A-B, including Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry
• 2018 Saint Olaves and St Saviour’s Grammar School for Boys, EPQ essay: A grade, with topic of research in quantum computing and decryption
- Independently studied the security risk quantum algorithms pose to classical RSA encryption methods.
- Investigated the use of the quantum teleportation protocol as a tamper proof method for sending and encrypting data.
- Evaluated the practical viability of this product in the data security of banks and governments.
• 2011-2016 Saint Olaves and St Saviour’s Grammar School for Boys, GCSEs: 8 A* - A grades, with A in Maths & English.
• Tutored mathematics from 11+ to A level, 2014 - Ongoing
Proficient in university level statistics and vector calculus.
• Experience tutoring physics from year 7 to AS Level, 2016 - Ongoing Familiar with OCR A level Specification.
• Influenza surveillance model for disease control: November 2019 – Ongoing
- Initially entered and became a finalist in a Machine Learning Hackathon, organised by The Centre of Machine Learning Intelligence.
- In collaboration with a team created a model to predict weekly flu outbreak rates within England.
- Strong belief in mission statement and methodology has led to continuation of project with University of Southampton, with the goal of publishing an autonomous, future proof model which provides local severity predictions, using live data.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, algebra lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|