My teaching method is focused on the individual students learning strengths and weaknesses. I aim to teach in an interesting and innovative way to engage my students in the content. I believe that practice makes perfect and this is reflected in my teaching methods.
I am a second year Real Estate BSc student at the University of Reading. I have experience working in a primary school and mentored younger students in small groups during secondary school in academia and extra circular activities. I also supported my school colleagues with course content during GCSE and A-level in a peer teaching and learning environment.
University of Reading: 2019 – present
Real Estate BSc (RICS accredited)
Kimbolton School: 2017 – 2019
A levels: Maths A, Chemistry A, Geography B.
St Mary’s Cambridge: 2012 – 2017
GCSEs: 6 As, 2 Bs and a C (or equivalent)
Professional Experience and Employment:
Harvest Worker, Eastern Farms Ltd, June to September 2020
- Grain carting
- Escorting combines while towing combine headers
- Cover mowing
- Telehandler driving
Software testing, Timespace Technology, Huntingdon, July 2018, July and August 2019
- Testing product software for faults
- Teaching myself the way round the product and its extensions
Dairy worker, Upper Farm Dairy, Calne, 1-2 weeks each summer 2016-2018
- Looked after over calves: feeding, bedding down, cleaning
- Assisted in the milking parlour
- Assistant herds person: herding cows into milking, emptying feed troughs, scraping the cow shed clear
Primary School Assistant, Westfield Junior School, St Ives, in June 2017
- Spent time in year 3-6 classrooms
- Listened to students read, assisted with maths lessons and supported individual student
Oral and Written Communication:
- I present work to my peers and interact with other presentations at university
- CCF presentations and teaching classes
- Completed a 7500-word non-Exam Assessment on “the impact of water management strategies on agriculture” as part of my Geography A level obtaining an A*
- During the summer of 2018 I was given task by a local landowner to find a suitable contractor for a local hay field. I investigated potential issues such as economic prosperity, land access, and viability for different farmers. As a result of my research a contractor was appointed.
Leadership and organisation:
- As sergeant in the CCF I lead and taught the younger cadets in lessons and practical skills.
- Work experience at Westfield Junior School taught me leadership and how to communicate with groups of children in the classroom.
- Every year 2013-2018 I have been a young leader for the local summer club running craft and sport activities for younger children.
- Over harvest 2020 at Eastern Farms I worked with 8 other people in various situations (e.g. cleaning grain stores and servicing tractors) adapting to different situations and working environments.
- Within my time rowing I have been a member of a number of crews which require me to be adaptable, cooperative and supportive.
- During CCF expeditions my platoon and I had to achieve given tasks in an given time frame requiring effective coordination and time management
- BSC Level 2 EDCL Certificate in IT Application Skills (QCF) – Distinction *
- At school and university, I have used Microsoft programs in various projects and documents.
The David Bunting Memorial Prize for Geography 2019
The Coles Cup for contribution to the CCF Army section 2019
Sergeant in the CCF Army Section 2019
BTEC Level 2 in Teamwork and Personal Development in the Community (SCQF Level 5) 2019
Calf and Cow handling course 2018
Telehandler course 2018
Driving test 2018
5th Junior Inter Regional Rowing Regatta 2016
Basic tractor driving course 2014
Gold Scout Award 2014
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£9||£9|