I teach on a very individual basis and work on any weaknesses the student has. My approach is always building in depth understanding of the subject first as a solid foundation to being able to achieve highly in exams. I believe if the student finds a subject interesting, they'll work harder at it and I've been told I have a knack for making physics and mathematics interesting.
I am a 2nd year Physics student and the president of the Physics Society at the University of Sheffield. I have done paid GCSE physics tutoring in the past and am familiar with the new GCSE structure. I was a teaching assistant in maths and english at Tapton secondary school. I consider myself a good tutor for GCSE and A-level Physics, Mathematics and Further Mathematics.
GCSE students- £10 per hour
A-level students- £12 per hour
I am a hard working student who is friendly, dependable and diligent. I am the current President of the University of Sheffield Physics Society.
Part-time Administrator: Claremont Private Hospital October 2016 – Present
• Responsible for printing, organising and collecting confidential patient files. This shows my organisation and time managmenent skills.
Charity Collector: Macmillan Cancer Charity April 2014 – Present
• Raised money for Macmillan by doing several bucket collections, showing my dedication, approachability and friendliness.
Youth Educator: Sexual Health Sheffield NHS February 2014 – March 2017
• Taught groups of young people in different institutions across Sheffield about sexual health as part of the ‘Peer Activities in Sexual Health’ project. This developed my confidence and skills in communication, team work and problem solving.
• Ran various sexual health stalls with fellow volunteers across Sheffield at various events.
Teaching Assistant: Tapton Secondary School September 2014 – June 2015
• Assisted in Mathematics year 9 class and English Year 8 and 9 classes. This developed teaching and communication skills.
Youth Leader: St Luke’s Church September 2012 – June 2013
• Responsible for looking after primary school children in their after school club and running the church ‘Tuc-Shop’. I gained skills in problem solving, leadership and showed my ability to carry out tasks quickly.
Hallamshire Hospital July 2014
• Shadowed a consultant neurosurgeon and observed patient consultations. Shadowed many junior doctors and spoke to the patients.
The Michael Carlisle Centre for Mental Health July 2014
• Shadowed a consultant Psychiatrist specialising in old age psychiatry.
Adelaide Street General Practice August 2013
• Shadowed a GP and went on patient home visits.
Northern General Hospital August 2012
• Shadowed many consultant orthopaedic surgeons.
Die Grundschule Am Neggenborn, Germany March 2012
• I was a teaching assistant in the English class for the primary school students, showing my flexibility by going outside my comfort zone in a foreign country.
BSc Physics (2nd Year): Expected 2:1 degree class.
A-Levels: Biology (A*), Chemistry (B), Physics (B), Mathematics (B).
GCSE: Religious Studies (A*), Physics (A*), Biology (A), Chemistry (A), Mathematics (A), English Language (A),
English Literature (A), Business Studies (A), History (B), German (B), Graphic Design (B).
CREST Gold Award November 2014
• Completed a 4 week research project at Sheffield Hallam University on Nerve and Blood vessel ingrowth in articular cartilage samples from patients with osteoarthritis which got awarded a gold crest research award. This developed skills in analytical thinking, problem solving and scientific communication. It also shows my ability as a quick learner.
V100 Volunteering Award August 2014
• Achieved an award showcasing the achievement of volunteering for over 100 hours showing my outstanding dedication.
Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award July 2013
• Successfully completed a walking route and camped with my team. I developed vital teamwork skills and learnt skills such as pitching a tent, cooking food with a gas camping stove and using a map and compass to find our location and navigate around a route.
National Schools Badminton Championships 2013
• Represented my school in the Center Parcs National Schools Championships and came runner up in the mixed doubles tournament. This showcases my motivation and ability to follow something through, as I am now a member of The University of Sheffield Badminton Squad.
• Proficient at programming in Python and can perform data analysis to a good standard and write reports in Latex.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes such as Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
• Excellent report writing ability, shown by my first year lab report achieving a first grade and my report
submitted for my gold crest research award.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, further maths lessons for all!
Taking quantum physics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£10||£12||Not available|