Hi! I am studying Aerospace Engineering at the University of Leicester. I teach Primary, Secondary and GCSE level maths, physics, biology and geography.
I believe that with studying, there is no elevator to success, you always have to take the stairs. Every person has different ways of learning and some will take more time than others but thats the whole beauty of teaching and learning. There is no 'best way' to learn or to revise, but if both student and teacher are willing to make it work, it does work!
I tend to take life as it comes, but never fail to plan or you plan to fail! I dont judge, I listen and having gone through all the different stages of education, I know how immensely draining it can be, but hard work can solve almost anything. I'd like to think of myself as an extremely friendly individual who makes children see the joy of learning and the perks associated with hard work. I adapt to the needs of each specific child and try to make them feel comfortable but never complacent.
I've been teaching for over 5 years now, but I only used to teach 3 students. The reason I teach a small number of students is that I believe in getting to know each person on an individual basis and understand that these bonds take time and when teaching too many, you tend to start generalising all your students. Quality over Quantity!
I am quite new to teaching Physics and understand loads of students tend to struggle with this particular subject.
The students I taught were all in secondary school and before they came to me they were average but when you make them see how hard work will change their lives, they've been a lot more consistent with achieving the better grades.
Apartment 35 Arcus, 30 East Bond Street, Leicester, LE1 4SX
(concealed information)3 • (concealed information)
A conscientious and dedicated Aerospace engineering student at The University of Leicester. A highly organised and efficient individual, whose thorough and precise approach to projects has yielded excellent results. An extremely hard worker who is able to multi task and handle pressure and most importantly a very inquisitive individual who always wants to learn something new.
• Good Listener and incredibly helpful
• Fast learner and the ability to adapt to changing scenarios
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Achieved a leadership Diploma to hone interpersonal skills
• MS office Applications- Proficient
• AutoCAD- Intermediate
• SolidWorks- Intermediate
• PSpice circuit simulator- Intermediate
December 2015 Kitchen Porter
Pizza IL Forno
• Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and/or pans using dishwashers or by hand.
• Completed daily tasks under given time frame
• Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils in clean and orderly condition.
• Replenishing and restocking the kitchen, always ensuring high level of stock management efficiency
August 2014 Meteorological Intern
• Knowledge and application of essential weather instruments such as a barometer
• Attentive to detail and accuracy
• Recording and analysing data from worldwide weather stations, satellites
July 2012 Trainee Mechanical Engineer/Sales
• Inspiring customers to purchase piston rings and more intricate machinery like maize mills.
• Occasionally, pulling apart diesel generators for maintenance and repair with the help of repairmen.
• Assembling Motorcycles and readying them for purchase.
• Managing cash and payment systems in accordance with company procedures and policies.
University Of Leicester September 2014 – Present
• Academic Modules studied in first year: Maths with Computation, Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Design and Experimentation 1.
• Currently on track for a 2:1 Degree.
St. Andrews Turi College September 2012 – June 2014
3 “A” levels in Geography, Religious Studies and Mathematics
St. Andrews Turi Senior School September 2009 – June 2012
10 GCSEs, grade A-C, including A’s in Maths and English
• Ambassador for Portugal at the East African Model United Nations
• Charity- 50km walk to raise money for the installation of freshwater pipelines for a small and poor village in Kenya.
• Awarded certificates for the Duke of Edinburgh Scheme to a Gold standard.
Hobbies and Interests
I enjoy listening to music and used to play the drums.
I love sports and am a member of the cricket and football teams at Leicester University.
I have a keen interest to help struggling peers and have qualified to become a Peer Mentor.
I enjoy plane spotting and am an enthusiastic member of the Royal Aeronautical Society.
References are available upon request.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking biology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£25||Not available|
|5 hours||£90||£115||Not available|
|10 hours||£170||£220||Not available|