During my Trumpet Lessons, I spark an interest in the minds of children and teenagers for music and musicianship. I prepare students for AMEB exams, performances and school band requirements by communicating concepts and implementing various strategies according to the students’ learning ability.
I communicate with patience, kindness, and encouragement as all children undergo the learning process. I show understanding and compassion toward all different family situations, and try my best to be flexible for the benefit of the child and their family. The structure of a lesson will be determined by the level of musicianship the child starts with. If the child doesn't know how to read music then the lessons with start with working on that aspect. If the child can read music then lesson will always start with a warm up, whether that be scales or small songs is dependant on whether the child is having Graded music lesson (AMEB) or leisure music lessons. Then the lesson will continue with small pieces, and progress into larger pieces. The lesson will always end with some theory work and a note written in their take-home diary regarding their progress and what they need to practice for the next week.
I have been teaching Trumpet for five years and have had fifteen students. All students wanting to do AMEB exams have achieved at least a C+ in their Graded Certificates. All of my students have improved greatly within their school bands and have all moved up to the highest band in their school as well as increasing in seats toward First Trumpet.
If lessons are cancelled on the day of the lesson, or are not attended without notification, the rate will have to be paid for that lesson. This will not apply under extreme circumstances, e.g. severe illness, traumatic event.
2017– Present Educator within Northwest Community Childcare.
• With my colleagues, looking after up to 130 children at each of the two centres I am placed at.
• Communicating with every child, getting to know them on a personal level.
• Attending to the behavioural issues that each child faces and resolving any quarrels between the students.
• Cleaning bathrooms and tidy the childcare facility.
• Liaising with parents and caregivers, resolving all queries and enquiries.
• Creating and executing sport and creative activities, allowing participation from all of the students.
2013 – 2018 Trumpet Tutoring
• Providing trumpet lessons to students between the ages 7 and 14, sparking an interest in the minds of children and teenagers for music and musicianship
• Preparing students for AMEB exams, performances and school band requirements
• Communicating concepts implementing various strategies according to the students’ learning ability
• Communicating with patience, kindness, and encouragement as they underwent the learning process
• Liaising with parents, showing understanding and compassion toward different family situations, while organising lesson needs (e.g. time, payments, site, music books, musicianship notes, exam applications etc.)
• Organising examination requirements, submitting all required applications within a certain time frame
2015 – Present Weekly Babysitter (2 nights a week) (2 children)
2010 – 2013 Weekend Babysitter (4 children)
• Cooking dinner for and feeding multiple children below the age of ten
• Bathing all children
• Helping all children with homework and other activities (including dance, music, and art)
• Picking up the children from music lessons
• Cleaning the kitchen, living room, bathroom, and bedrooms
• Consoling all children when upset
• Creating a safe and loving environment for all children within their home
• Protecting all children from the words and hurtful actions of each other, enforcing their parents’ teachings of right and wrong
• Entertaining all children
2015 – 2016 Math Tutor within the ‘Maths Pass’ Program
• Assisting Year Seven students struggling with mathematical problems and class work, creating new strategies, analogies and various methods to greater enhance the understanding of each student, tutoring up to five students at a time, also assisting other tutors with explanatory issues.
2014 – 2015 Volunteering at Woodlands Nursing Home
• Speaking to and assisting the elderly residents with day-to-day life, performing songs of their request on the piano, guitar, and voice. This activity taught me how to communicate to people young and old, learning the difference between patronization, and respect and care
2012 – 2016 Guitar Ensemble
Section Leader, Big Band
2017 – Present Bachelor of Medical Sciences
Cherrybrook Technology High School
2017 – 2020 Drivers Licence (P2)
2018 – 2021 First Aid – HLTAID004
2019 Feb – 2020 Feb CPR
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|