I finished school in 2018 and so I definitely understand the stress and chaotic mindset as kids get closer to exams. I want to help you ease out your work load and cater to your needs. I will provide extra notes, past paper questions and offer feedback on answers. When I teach geography I like to have a conversation through the content instead of drilling kids with facts and definitions - this way you can learn to enjoy the content as well, as supposed to forcing yourself to memories things.
When I was in school I volunteered to help kids with their studies - be it my own classmates or kids younger than me. I proposed different strategies to studying, what to focus on and most importantly NOT TO STRESS! Being senior prefect and swimming captain at school, I had a responsibility to continuously motivate and push kids towards reaching the goals. And I intend to do the same thing here!
Yr 1 - 6 - £12
Yr 7 - 9 - £15
SEPTEMBER 2018 - PRESENT
BA (HONS) HUMAN GEOGRAPHY, QUEEN MARY UNIVERISTY OF LONDON
Ideas and Practice in Geography and Environmental Science.
Research Methods for Geographers and Environmental Scientists.
Cities and Regions in Transition
Wrote a 1200-word report on Climate Justice - providing and presenting precise information, graphic detail, and good organisational and time-management skills by meeting deadlines.
An A on the analysis and interpretation of quantitative data using the SPSS statistical package.
An A+ grade on a career assignment on a corporate social responsibility manager – understanding the job role and its requirements.
SEPTEMBER 2004 – JULY 2018
COLOMBO INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL (CIS) (COLOMBO, SRI LANKA)
3 A-Levels and 1 AS Level including Geography (A), Economics (B)
9 IGCSEs including Geography (A), English Language (A), Mathematics (B)
VOLUNTEER FOR THE UK ASIAN FILM FESTIVAL (UKAFF)
• Designing content and managing all social media accounts independently, example: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook.
• Ability to multitask by being event manager, being a part of the tech team and in charge of social media platforms.
• Working with other volunteers to organise events in fast-paced environments – open communication and collaboration.
• Responsibilities towards looking after the talent providing great interpersonal skills.
JULY 2016 (3 WEEKS)
GRAPHIC DESIGNER (MCCANN ERICKSON, SRI LANKA)
• Worked with 5 employees to design advertisements on TV for large companies, eg: KFC.
• Attended meetings, learnt to think strategically and communicated opinions with people of higher authority.
• Ability to summarize lengthy and complicated pieces of information and pin-point the information most valuable.
• Skilled in using social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
• Always willing to work with new groups of people, as well as, a one-to-one session, with excellent interpersonal skills.
• MS Word (Advanced), MS PowerPoint (Advanced), MS Excel (Advanced), Adobe Photoshop (Intermediate).
• Statistical package SPSS (Intermediate).
• Experienced mapping skills with the GIS software package ArcDesign (Intermediate).
• Fluent in English.
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
INTERMEDIATE SWIMMING CAPTAIN AND SENIOR PREFECT (CIS, SRI LANKA)
• Leadership skills, excellent communication skills, good organization and time management skills, good problem – solving skills.
• Collaborating with other colleagues, willing to take an initiative, committed team member, motivated to reach goals.
• Acting in an independent film series with filmmaker Hoda Elsoudani (February 2019 – Present)
• Worked with the Queen Mary Theatre Company in a play (February 2019)
• Wendy Whatmore Academy of Speech and Drama, Sri Lanka (2015-2017) – Grade 5-7 Individual Acting Skills Trinity Examinations with high distinction
• Wendy Whatmore Academy of Speech and Drama, Sri Lanka (2012-2016) - Grade 3-6 Wendy Whatmore Examinations in Speech and Drama with high distinction and 2nd place in 2016
very good communication and presentation skills
initiative and dedication towards memorising long pieces
ability to express ideas; working with other people to create and perform pieces
ADVERTISING THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA
• ability to research and understand which demographic groups view the platforms and communicate appropriately and effectively
• Took the responsibility of advertising events for CIS (2016-2018) and took charge of social media platforms for UKAFF (2019)
good creative understandings, always on top of new trends and accepts constructive criticism
References available upon request.
Zayna comes prepared for classes, she's fun, organised and super patient. She helps me a lot with things I don't understand and makes the classes interesting. She is always encouraging me. I would recommend Zayna very much!
she's just overall fantastic at everything. got a 9 in my geography!
Zayna comes prepared for lessons,I found her to be patient, kind and encouraging no matter how long it took to understand something. As a student this was important to me. So I would look forward to the lesson and learning new things! I recommend her to learn English from.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, test prep lessons for all!
Taking speed reading lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|