I prefer to be more friendly with students to make them feel comfortable and allow to give them a chance to first give their opinions or ways of how to solve something they are struggling with then help them with it. I also enjoy tutoring students because it allows me to be more social with them and I don't only focus on tutoring, but also focus on being friendly and I provide advises instead of only solving questions.
I have had experience of voluntary work in Tanzania, helping kids with learning difficulties, mostly in English and Maths. I have tutored them for an year, once a week. As weeks went by, many changes were to be seen within their learning abilities and their confidence towards solving questions and ways to do it.
September 2016 till date: Second year student at University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, UK
September 2015 - June 2016: University Foundation Programme at David Game College, Notting Hill, UK
September 2003 - June 2015: KG2 to Grade 10 at Dar Es Salaam International Academy, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Work History & Skills:
August 2017: Ganpati Utsav Festival, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
- Successfully lead the decoration committee with fair allocation tasks to each member.
June 2017: Wedding Event, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
- Shadowing well reputed Company called Glam Events. As a new and young member of the team, I was able to bring forward innovative ideas.
- Gained knowledge on effective team management.
Birthday Events, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania:
- Able to empathise well with client’s wishes and applied them into a well organised surprise birthday events.
- Honed the art of interpersonal skills through managing a team and communicating with caterers, decorators, to name a few.
- Master of Ceremonies
June 2017: Guildford Beer Festival, Guildford, Surrey, UK
- While helping with ticket collecting, I enjoyed interacting with various types of people and welcoming them to the event.
- The most difficult yet fulfilling and enjoyable was serving at the bar.
May 2017: Hotel Operation Conference, London, UK
- Supported the delegate co-ordinator and was also in-charge of the AV desk, through which my listening skills were put to task.
July 2016: Wedding Event, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
- Master of Ceremonies
- Helped choreographing dances for the event and was asked to perform as well.
1st June - 2nd July 2015: Work Experience at Sea Cliff Hotel, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
- Telephone Operator
Languages Spoken: - Gujarati
- Basic French
September 2017 till date: - International Criminal Society Treasurer at University of Surrey
September 2014 - June 2015: - MYP President
September 2013 - June 2014: - MYP Secretary
- Helping kids with learning difficulties (English & Maths)
September 2012 - June 2013: - Grade 8 Class Representative
- Socialising with friends and family
- Dancing and choreographing Bollywood routines
- Travelling and exploring new cities
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|