I am a first year Engineering student studying Mechatronics and Robotics. I studied Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Business at my A levels. I have a very no-nonsense approach to teaching. When planning lessons I always refer to the specification of the specific course in order to ensure all targets are met and that I don't over-complicate the lesson. I like to use plenty of examples to apply the knowledge needed instead of lots of wordy descriptions.
I have been giving lessons since six form but I am still fairly new to tutoring as I have only taught 2 children. So far I have only taught GCSE maths but I would happily teach Physics or Chemistry since I have studied both of these in my A levels. My last student achieved a grade B in her GCSE Maths.
• Confident speaker
• Good leadership and team working skills
• Good listener
• Quick learner
• Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award (working towards my silver)
• Two bronze crest awards
• Highly commended in the UK Biology Challenge
• Bronze award in UK Maths Challenge
• KS3 ‘student of the year’ award
• ‘Outstanding student of the year’ award
• Jaguar Manufacturer award
• National finalist in the Engineering Education Scheme
Thomas Telford School
Physical Education A
English Literature A*
English Language A
Health and social care A*
Art and Design A
Business studies A*
A level grades:
Employment and Volunteer experience:
• I have volunteered as a sports leader for my school
• I have taken part in an engineering work experience week at my school
• I went to a residential works experience week with the RAF doing Aeronautical Engineering
• I spent a week in Cambridge experiencing General engineering and university life
• I took part in a summer school at Newcastle University focussing on marine engineering. These have all helped me improve my presentation skills and allowed me to speak confidently in front of large groups of people as well as working in a team.
• I have spent time working at ACE particularly focussing on the chemical engineering side of their company. This has given me valuable experience at things such as writing reports and working closely with other professionals to set aims and overcome problems whilst sticking to safety requirements.
• Became a Maths tutor for students doing their GCSEs. This allows me to work with younger people setting aims and effectively communicating what I know.
Hobbies and Interests:
Beyond academic subjects I have been successful at achieving grade 4 in guitar, which I enjoy very much. I have also represented my school in basketball team for 5 years and have been asked to take over the captain’s position. I have also played with the Shropshire warrior’s women’s team, which has allowed me to build upon my skills learning from other experienced players as well as teaching me important team working skills with members I’m not used to playing with. Enjoy going to the gym and attending weekly classes to keep fit.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking chemical physics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|