My first lesson is usually meant to get to know my 'student' better in order to adapt the rest of the teaching to his/her needs. In particular, I try to target particular areas of difficulty by approaching them with the method that best suits the person. In general, I think that conversation, the practical use of the language and having fun while studying it are the best ways to learn it.
I am a university student and I studied Spanish for eight years. I am very passionate about this language and although I have not given lessons in this language, I have tutored three students in German and English. I have a B2 DELE certificate that I achieved in my third year of high school, but I have definitely improved it in the following years.
The rate might change according to the distance I have to travel.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
September 2019 - 2020, University of Sheffield - Criminology
My first year as a university student has helped me increase my time management as well as communication skills. I have been able to take part in a wide range of activities while keeping up with the syllabus.
September 2014 - June 2019, Liceo Linguistico Manzoni (Varese, Italy)
High school of languages (English, Spanish, German). The final grade of Esame di Stato: 100/100.
September 2018 - August 2019 - Private Tutoring - Varese
I tutored middle school and high school students privately in English, German and other subjects on request.
- Assisting the learning of a foreign language.
- Mentoring and providing advice to overcome difficulties in learning methods.
- Patience, dedication and communication skills, especially with younger students.
- Confidence to encourage and challenge clients' progress while making them feel at ease.
NON-PAID WORK EXPERIENCE
May - June 2017 - Translator and Guide - Museo Castiglioni - Varese
According to an education scheme in Italy that requires students to complete 200 non-paid working hours, I worked at Castiglioni Museum part-time.
- Translating explanatory labels of the exposition in English and Spanish.
- Tour guide of the museum.
- Practical use of the languages mentioned.
- Confidence to talk to bigger audiences and to interact with strangers.
- Being enthusiastic and engaging, making the topic interesting.
2nd March - 12th March 2017 - Sale Assistant - Cancer Research Charity Shop - London
The same experience as mentioned above. I worked in a charity shop full-time for a week.
- Assisting customers and providing advice on their purchases.
- Keeping the shop tidy and clean.
- Punctuality, being able to understand the customer's needs.
Summer 2014 - 2016 - Children’s Entertainer - Parish of Masnago - Varese
I used to entertain children aged five to thirteen with different activities and games and I occasionally accompanied them on trips.
- Looking after children and meeting their needs.
- Setting up and tidying the parish.
- Planning the week, inventing choreographies, preparing games and activities.
- Skills developed:
- Being attentive and creative.
Italian (mother tongue).
German (Goethe Zertifikat C1, following my year abroad in Germany).
Currently furthering my passion for languages in an Arabic course for beginners.
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|