I will plan each lesson in advance using my notes and other resources to ensure the student grasps the concepts easily. I know that many students find languages difficult, but I will present the class in a way that the students want to learn and easily digests the language!
I will also offer support outside of the classroom via email if the student requires.
I am currently studying Economics at Kings College London and am on track to receive a first. I have studied French at GCSE Level and A-Level, as well as studying it as an extra qualification at university. I received an A* at GCSE, an A at A-Level and a 1st at University (70% +)
I have taught many students in the past, and all my students receive an A or higher, regardless of their backgrounds.
Cancellation policy - the rate must be paid in full if the student cancels less than 24 hours before the lesson starts.
Confident, hardworking and a motivated college graduate who is ambitious and eager to play a role in financial decision making whilst adding significant value to a business. Has excellent numeracy skills and economical awareness, and is enthusiastic to tackle any problem. Able to collect and analyse information in order to quickly grasp complex technical issues. Has experience in leadership positions and working with students from all backgrounds. Empathetic in all situations, and quickly establishes a relation to provide optimum service. Proven ability to carry out and complete tasks to a high standard within a given time frame.
05/2016 – 06/2016
Actuarial Scientist Intern
Metlife Alico, Dubai, UAE
Worked alongside the Chief Of Finance, researching schemes on Takaful and risk management.
● Completed general administration work and collected data from actuarial scientists across Dubai and compiled it onto an Excel Spreadsheet.
● Created professional presentations on Microsoft PowerPoint for potential investors in the company.
● Implemented my numeracy and problem-solving skills to estimate the premium offered for a range of different clients based on risk management.
● Conducted in-depth reviews of client’s financial circumstances.
04/2017 – 04/2017
Environmental assistant | Pulse Therapy and Learning Center, Dubai, UAE
Part of the principle environmental anaylst – working with 5 licensed health therapists with an aim of reducing the firm’s carbon footprint with a budget of 5000 dhs.
● Used principles from economics combined with geographical knowledge to help minimise water wastage by reactivating an existing ground well water system and establishing procedures to suit local environmental requirements.
● Installed 15 LED light bulbs throughout the center.
● Placed recycling bins in every room and established procedures to manage and dispose recycled waste.
04/2017 – 05/2017
Engineering Instructor | Da Vinci Bricks, Dubai, UAE
● Involved working with gifted children from ages 4-12 in fields of STEM.
● Worked with girls with special needs in order to enhance their learning and increase their interests in engineering as a hobby.
● Assembled structures using Da Vinci tool kits to appreciate and better understand physics and maths to provoke thought.
06/2017 – 07/2017
Makunduchi, Zanzibar, Africa
I volunteered for 2 weeks in a small village in Zanzibar where the students knew little to no english.
● Taught maths, science and english to students aged 12-14.
● Engaged in sports activities such as football and badminton to know the students on a personal level.
● Facilitated tests to stimulate the student’s learning and to encourage improvement.
01/2017 – ongoing
Femmes Of Dubai, Dubai, UAE
I created a forum to increase awareness of successful women living in Dubai who excelled in their respective fields in CSR, charity and business.
● Manages a website and Instagram Page by providing weekly posts to followers. Successfully receiving 50 views a day.
● Hosted a meet and greet with successful female entrepreneurs to inspire young women across Dubai.
● Uses confidence and enthusiasm to conduct interviews with women who have made an impact to society, including women like Mona Ataya and Helen Williams
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Maths – A*
Statistics – A*
Further Maths – A*
English language - A
English literature – A*
Chemistry - A
Biology - A
Physics – A*
Religious Studies – A*
Arabic - A
French – A*
Geography – A*
Economics - A
Physical Education – B
Maths – A
Chemistry – A
French – A
Economics – A
Further Maths – A
Maths – A*
Economics – A*
French - A
Has been accepted to study Economics Bsc at Kings College London starting September 2018.
• Success and results driven
• Excellent numeracy and problem-solving skills
• Proven negotiation and communication skills
• Confident outlook
• Stimulated in a competitive environment
• Proven to lead confidently and delegate responsibilities
• Takes initiative when problems arise
• Fleunt in English, and almost fluent in French
● Completed a Game Theory Course held by Stanford University
● Participated in the Young Leaders Development Program in Dubai
● Represented Dubai at the Global Education and Skills Forum as a student ambassador
● Single-handedly created and led a project called The 10 Dirhams Challenge, allowing students to form their own businesses and sell an initiative to the rest of the school
● Represented Jumeirah College, one of Dubai’s leading schools, as the Deputy Head Girl
• Sheikh Hamdan Certificate of Excellence
• Jumeirah College Global Citizenship Award
• Sheikha Fatema Award finalist
REFERENCES AND CERTIFICATION AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
Saiqa has helped me massively in French. I joined my school late and didn't have the same experience with the language as my mates. But Saiqa led me through the course slowly and helped me memorise most of the vocabulary. I really wanted to drop it at the start of my GCSEs as I was behind everybody else, but Saiqa encouraged me to continue, and I am glad that I did because I received an A and am now taking it further for A-Levels. I'm really happy with the quality of teaching.
Saiqa taught me both Maths and Economics last year. I wasn't doing very well at school and I had lost interest. Saiqa managed to make me love both subjects again and taught me in a unique way! She used videos, diagrams and mind maps, and was always ready to help outside of lesson time. I was initally at a B-grade in both subjects, and I graduated with an A* in Maths and an A in Economics. Definitely worth the time and money, she's amazing!
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£250|