Identifying strengths and weaknesses of the student.Support and detailed help. Teaching to the test. Pursuing excellence in essays.
• Over 14 years of experience in helping students make the most of their abilities, even thrive in their classroom.
This involves: a) identifying the key goals of the curriculum and drawing Individual Education Plans (IEPs), b) keeping appropriate records of progress, c) seeking support as necessary and d) developing a genuine learning culture with students keeping them motivated and inspired to reach their full potential.
A biology lecturer and tutor since 2003. MSc in Microbiology, doctorate from UCL in education. Academic associate at IOE, UCL. A tutor at PhD level for education studies and academic writting since 2014.
• Bachelor of Science in Biology, 1999
School of Biological Studies, University of Patras, Greece.
• Master of Science in Clinical Microbiology, 2000
Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary College, University of London.
• Doctorate in Education (EdD) in Educational Leadership and Policy, 2016
UCL, Institute of Education, London.
The fee includes an hour of teaching , plus 1-2 hours of lesson planning and preparation before the tutorial. Being well prepared before each lesson requires spending time and effort, so that during the actual tutorial the student receives the maximum help. This culminates in a fee of 45pounds per hour which however implies a couple of hours of preparation in advance.
1. 2017-currently: Academic Associate, Institute of Education, UCL since February 2017. Marking and supervising dissertations at Master’s level for the MA in Educational Leadership.
2. 2015-2018 Head of Science Department Sixth Form College of Molos- Greece
3. 2014-2015 Science teacher teaching A levels Biology and Premedicine programmes. Abbey in London College, London, UK.
4. 2014-2015 Supply SEN teacher , Southgate and Barnet College, London, UK
5. 2013-currently. Private tutor teaching GCSE, AS, A2 levels Biology AQA, Edexcel, OCR
6. 9/2014-currently Private tutoring to undergraduate students pursuing a BSc in Biological Sciences, University of Kent.
7. Science teacher/Chief of the laboratory of science: 9/2011 to 7/2014
Upper Secondary School of Gravia- Greece
8. Science teacher: 9/2007 to 7/2011
Lower Secondary School of Gravia- Greece
9. Supply Science teacher: 09/2006 to 7/2007
Adults' School of Lamia: Lamia, Greece
10. 2006-2007 Science teacher at Private Secondary School ‘Boukali’ Lamia-Greece
11. 1/2003- 6/2006 Supply Science teacher- tutor in a number of Secondary Schools in Lamia, Greece.
I met Thomas while I was a high school student 15 years ago. He was my biology teacher and helped me to achieve my goals. Today I am doing a PhD in genetics and I feel that Thomas contribute a lot to this. He is a highly reliable tutor who is committed to delivering the best education to his students. Thomas does this by identifying your personal learning needs and targeting them to help you progress. I highly recommend Him as teacher/mentor to any academic goals you aim for.
I had worked with Thomas through our doctoral study days in UCL. He is a committed and confident person who goes all out to help a friend. I am confident these attributes of his will make him a super and trustworthy tutor and friend to his students. He will also be a fun guy to work with.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking microbiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£45||£45|
|5 hours||Not available||£200||£225|
|10 hours||Not available||£350||£450|