I teach using everyday examples that help understanding a concept easy and hard to forget. Maths is only hard when you don't know why things happen, and I have helped previous students who hated maths excel in it, and I want to help you too!
I am an Actuarial Science (some crazy applied maths!) student at university who has never scored lower than a B, and I want to share my insight! My deep understanding of the subject, along with a rich experience in the UK exam system, makes me your go-to solution for top results!
Rates vary with travel distance and education level (GSCE/ A Level etc.) and first lesson will not be free.
Nishwal Atul Shah, Curriculum Vitae
City, University of London (September 2016 – Present), BSc Actuarial Science (Cass Undergraduate Degree):
Exempt from exams CT1 (Financial and Investment Mathematics, 85.6%) and CT7 (Introduction to Economics, 83. 3%).Other modules included Mathematics (87.9%), Application of Information Technology (72.5%).
Oshwal Academy Nairobi, (September 2008 – June 2016), Secondary Education:
6 International A-levels: 5A*s (including Mathematics, Further Mathematics, and Accounting), 1A (Economics).
11 International GCSEs: 10A*s (including Mathematics, Pure Mathematics, English, French, Accounting, Economics, and Information Technology), 1A (Business Studies).
Private Tutor, Tutor Doctor, London (UK) (March 2018 – Present)- Focusing primarily on GCSE and A-Level mathematics, communicating complex phenomena is simple and understandable way has brought my students academic success. They were unfortunate to have a weak mathematical foundation and therefore struggled in their more advanced studies. My communication, resilience, and ability to read body language rewarded my students with a deep understanding of advanced concepts and so boosted their confidence in the subject. They are proud to say that they now enjoy mathematics.
Private Tutor, Tutorean, London (UK) (February 2018 – Present)- Primary school English is the focus of my student. Trying to capture the role polished my ability to influence parents to let me teach the subject despite having no previous experience in the subject. My appetite for challenges pushed me to engage a six-year-old child in the subject by involving the child’s love for board games. He was once very shy of speaking, and now, because of a fun learning environment, he is becoming more fluent with the language.
Summer Intern, PKF Kenya, Nairobi (July 2017)- Diverse experience in the field of Statutory and Tax Audit, and Financial Reporting. Audits included restaurants, a garage, real estate agent and factory. Client contact was strong with email and face-to-face interaction, which developed formal, clear, and uncomplicated communication. The time to which financial statements were processed and dispatched to clients improved from four weeks to three. Working with different teams refined my time-management and ability to work under pressure.
Summer Intern, Mombasa Cement Ltd, Nairobi (July 2014)- Insight into the cement manufacturing process, with work in departments of production, sales, and accounts, which improved office jargon.
Summer Intern, Sankara Hotel, Nairobi (July 2013)- Included working across various hotel departments, including housekeeping, food and beverage, and accounts. Interacting with guests from various works of life nourished active listening and appreciation of criticism, especially when serving in the bar, restaurant, and bakery.
• Currently mentoring two first year students through a university initiative (CityBuddies), providing a helping hand as they progress into university life from their secondary studies, and closely monitoring their progress every fortnight.
• Student representative for the Actuarial course.
• Manager of two teams in a year-long module, with a presentation task due in March 2018.
• Active member of the Actuarial Society, and the new Indian Society that has a record of over 100 members.
• I.T- Proficiency in majority of areas of Minitab, R and Microsoft Office, including Excel, VBA, Word, and PowerPoint. Interning at PKF created familiarity with CCH Audit Automation. Recently wrote an Excel and VBA program to automatically calculate and track nutritional macros from a food database to support bodybuilding.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Rich experience in public speaking and leadership (2-year House Captaincy, Middle School Model United Nations 2014 delegate, 3-year prefect).
• Year-long research project leading two teams of five honed my people management skills.
• Convincing parents to make me a full-time tutor to their children improved my ability to influence decisions.
• Languages: Native Gujarati, Conversational French.
• Awardee of the Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship for a second year at university.
• Cengage SAM certificate holder (MS Excel).
• Student of the Year 2015/2016, Oshwal Academy Nairobi - Senior High.
• Edexcel International GSCE, Highest mark in Africa, Accounting – 2013/2014.
My desire to improve my skill-set in an ever-evolving working world has encouraged me to teach myself how to trade on the financial markets and learn the Python programming language.
Being a challenge-seeking person rewards a rich sporting background, including swimming (Kenyan National Team, Telkom Level 1 South Africa 2008), badminton, table tennis, and bodybuilding.
Also, fortunate to be a well-travelled person, visiting more than 50 cities in 15 countries, and experiencing various cultures and cuisines across the globe, instilling a passion for food and cooking.
References are available upon request.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|