While maintaining a level of professionalism, I like to make my students feel as comfortable as possible so that they can achieve their full academic potential. Every lesson plan is tailored to the individual student's needs, with a clear structure and a defined objective. My lessons are always varied so as to ensure the student is both challenged and intellectually stimulated; however, in every lesson, I am to incorporate listening, reading, writing and oral activities, as these four skills are paramount in successful language learning.
While conscientious and hard-working, I am also very personable and enthusiastic. As a student myself, I am well acquainted with the challenges involved in studying modern foreign languages, and thus can easily identify with students and aid them in overcoming such difficulties. Aside from languages, I am also very passionate about the creative arts - in particular, dance, drama and music.
Whilst in Paris on my Year Abroad, I taught weekly classes to primary level french students learning English with Anglofun Schools. I continued tutoring languages privately to English GCSE students via Skype whilst I was in Madrid studying. Throughout A levels, I worked as a private tutor in French and Spanish and taught a wide range of ages: from primary school students to retirees. Within my secondary school, however, I tutored GCSE students in French as part of my modern foreign language prefecture role. I also mentored younger students with comprehension difficulties.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
2016 – present University of York
3rd year of BA French and Spanish Language with Year Abroad
2009 – 2016 Brentwood Ursuline Convent High School
2014 – 2016 A level
English Lit A*, French A*, Spanish A, Drama and Theatre Studies A
2013 – 2014 GCSE
Maths A*, English Language A*, English Lit A*, Additional Science A*, Core Science A, French A*, Spanish A*, Religious Studies A*, Geography A*, Dance A*, Drama A*, Physical Education A*
September 2014 – present
Spanish and French tutor – Self-employed
• Planned lessons ; created and collated educational material.
• Led frequent assessments to identify educational needs.
• Worked with a range of ages; from school students to retirees.
August 2019 – December 2019
Communications Intern – Anglofun Schools, Paris
• Administrative assistance: answered phone calls, sent emails, database work
• Marketing and communication work: handled social media sites and the company website as well as working on the company’s communication strategy
• Pedagogical assistance: had an active role in the creation of educational resources.
• Taught three classes on a regular basis from October to December and covered classes when teachers were absent
• Welcomed and interacted with parents in French, answering questions and keeping them updated.
Student Ambassador for the department of Language and Linguistic Science – University of York
• Participated in the “Outreach Project”, aimed to incentivise secondary-school students to pursue languages in further education.
• Returned to my secondary school and delivered presentations to a range of school years.
September 2015 – September 2017
Retail Assistant - Piccola
• Administrative work : paid invoices, completed stock-checks.
• Managed till ; sold toys and clothing items
• Interacted with customers, offering advice and guidance.
• Wrote descriptions of products for the online website.
• Handled social media sites to promote products.
SKILLS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• Can plan, realise and oversee projects effectively.
• Can organise meetings and engage in team-based tasks.
• Can deliver speeches.
• English (native language)
• French (advanced level)
• Spanish (advanced level)
• Passed “Level 2 Silver Arts Award”, with 10 credits.
• Can dance ballet, tap and modern at an advanced level
• Member of the Dance Society at the University of York.
Theatre: From the age of two, I have loved to perform in and regularly attend plays and musicals. I am a former student of « Sylvia Young part-time Theatre School »
Languages: As a keen linguistic, I am hoping to learn Italian and German in the future as my fourth and fifth languages.
Travelling: Having already spent a year abroad in France and Spain, I am eager to continue exploring other cultures in the future.
Jess is a very conscientious tutor, she works hard and spends a lot of time to produce good lesson plans for any level of Spanish. She has been tutoring for well over 2 years, is very dedicated to her students and has a lot of experience teaching a foreign language with very good results!
Jess is super reliable and always gives 110%. Her work ethic is excellent and she always does everything she can to help her students. I cannot recommend her enough! Top tutor!
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£20|