My teaching methods revolve around the International Baccalaureate curriculum and learning styles. It is a particularly individualistic and holistic method that gets the students to reflect on the various ways they learn best. With English, it is about keeping the activities varied, practicing essays/papers, and a heavy focus on how to 'talk about literature'.
At younger and lower levels, it is about making notes creative and learning tricks to understand and perform in exams.
At a higher level, it is about learning how to prepare and write essays under time pressure, condensing understandings of texts, and responding interestingly to words of authors.
As an English Literature student at the University of Bristol (3rd year), I have plenty of experience with the course. I can help with essay writing, editing, reading comprehension, creative writing, spelling, syntax, vocabulary etc, and at any level! I currently volunteer tutor with the charity ActionTutoring to prepare disadvantaged students for their GCSEs.
I also grew up in the French-speaking part of Switzerland (although I am British), so I speak good French and I understand how to learn another language. I can work with students whose mother tongue is not English to feel confident and capable.
2012- 2017 International School of Lausanne
IB Score: 39 with 7 English, 6 History, 6 Visual Arts
2017- current University of Bristol
Givaudan International SA in Corporate Communications, CH
• Worked at the Swiss fragrance and flavour production company in a French-English environment.
• Created campaign visuals and texts for the company’s global social media and for several internal
Royal West of England Academy, Bristol
January - present 2019
• Invigilator at the gallery, interacting and delivering information about the art shows to the general public.
Action Tutoring at Fairfield High school, Bristol, UK
January 2019 - Present
• I tutor 1 hour/week at the local high school with 4 students from a £16,000/annum income or less
(government premium pupils).
• Prepared students for their English GCSE exams in both the writing and reading papers.
• Received safe-guarding, DBS check, and tutor training.
Good French level (B2)
User of Microsoft Applications
User of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|