At only 19 years old, I got my first job as a violin tutor. It gave me my most important experience of that time: discovering what I really wanted to do the rest of my life, which is teaching violin.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Tell me about your qualifications.
BMus (Hons) Violin Performance
- How much do you charge?
£30 per hour
£20 for 30mins
- Where do you teach?
I teach at my studio in N10, Muswell Hill, but I also travel to nearby areas
- When are you available?
-Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays at my place
-Tuesdays: teaching around Muswell Hill
-Wednesdays: I'm traveling to Highbury&Angel
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
Children 5 upwards and adults
Beginners to Advanced (Grade 8 and further)
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
Just for fun!
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I have two students from Spain, we use Skype, It works!
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Come and enjoy music with me!
- What kind of experience do you have?
After 11 years teaching in Spain, currently I’m violin Tutor at THAMES (Tower Hamlets Music Service) whose String Department is based in the great work done years ago by the pedagogue Sheila M. Nelson, and DaCapo Music Foundation which approach is based on the methods of Kodaly and Dalcroze Eurhythmics.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
Performing:Jose Ramón Hevia (Conservatory of Oviedo), Héctor Corpus (OSPA), David Ballesteros (LSO)
Teaching: PGCE (University of Leon, Spain), DaCapo Music Foundation: based on the methods of Kodaly and Dalcroze Eurhythmics.
violin lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|