I offer specialist help with Dyslexia, English, French, Study Skills. My focus - enhancing self-esteem and motivation.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia)
11+and 13+ English and French; GCSE English and French; Study Skills
- Tell me about your qualifications.
BA (Hons) PGCE, DipRSA (SpLD) M.Ed, NLP (Mast.) Coach
- How much do you charge?
A sliding scale, but £55 per hour as guide price.
- Where do you teach?
I teach from home. My nearest tube stations are Chalk Farm, Belsize Park, Hampstead and Camden. Nearest bus 168.
- When are you available?
Please contact for me for availability.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I work with students of all ages.
- What kind of experience do you have?
Over 25 years experience as a teacher and dyslexia specialist teaching both dyslexic and non-dyslexic students who are underachieving. I have a Masters degree in 'Guidance and and Counselling in Education' which informs my teaching approach with students suffering from poor motivation and low self-esteem. I have run successful study skills courses for many years teaching students of all ages how best to learn and prepare for examinations using their preferred learning style.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained at the Helen Arkell Dyslexia Center.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
• BA: French and Italian, Trinity College Dublin
• Masters in Education (Guidance and Counseling in Education), Bristol University
support for students with dyslexia lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£55||£55||Not available|