My teaching method follows a performance-based structured lesson. I believe experiencing music first-hand is the most important way to learn. Lessons will depend on what each individual student would like to achieve. My lessons usually follow specified exercises, which can help with certain techniques and skills, this would then be followed by practising and performing a piece of music. Music will be chosen beforehand and the piece should be prepared ahead of our lesson. This will ensure the most accurate feedback for reaching your goals. I have used this method of teaching for some time now and I find it enables the student and me to use time as effectively as possible.
I am a professional singer, recording artist, and songwriter. I specialise in performance and vocal techniques, with experience in working in a live and studio setting, music theory, production, and genre-specific vocal work. I have a BMus in Popular Performance in Vocals from BIMM London. I began teaching 2 years ago, and my students have always have left their lessons with greater knowledge and understanding of the lesson objectives.
I have a cancellation policy for my lessons. I need 24 hours notice in advance and a refund will not be returned. I can however rearrange the lesson for a more suitable time. Thank you.
I am an experienced vocalist and musician, with a wide understanding of popular and contemporary music. I have recently graduated from The British and Irish Institute of Modern Music, London. I specialise in teaching vocal techniques, styles, and performance strategies. I am also knowledgable in performing, as a lead singer and backing vocalist, music production, sight-reading, and playing the piano.
- Highly reliable and flexible for rehearsals and lessons.
- Competent in pedagogical techniques. This can be used for one-to-one or a group setting.
- Ability to lead a large group.
- Clear and confident in communicating.
- Able to understand lesson plans and can also provide my own if needed.
September 2015 - present
- Collaborated with various musicians in the studio to co-produce and write music for me and as a ghostwriter
- Be a part of a choir, where I would sing pre-dominantly tenor, but also learned parts in alto and soprano.
Studied a year of Pedagogical techniques in my final year of university.
- Played and rehearsed as part of a function band. We have learned songs from different genres/ styles.
- Attended various gigs, jam nights, and open mic nights.
- Deputed for gigs and lessons.
- Attended 1-2-1 lessons with industry-standard professionals
September 2015 - present
- Bachelor of Music in Popular Performance Vocal 2019
- Rockschool BTEC in Music
Goschen Centre Plymouth
Freya is a dedicated and patient tutor, she knows how to make someone comfortable and really nurtures her students talent
Freya is a fantastic tutor! She’s passionate about music which is reflected in her lessons which are both informative and fun. Her patience and reassurance made me feel comfortable and relaxed during each lesson and her detailed feedback after each lesson allowed me to reflect and improve on my strengths and weaknesses between lessons.
I’d highly recommend her to any looking for vocal lessons!
music lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music early learning activities - for children lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, musical education lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£110||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£200||£200|