I am currently a Masters student at UCL completing a course in Cognitive Neuroscience. I graduated with a first-class honours degree in BSc Psychology. I will be able to provide support in essay writing and revision for exams, along with helping you gain confidence in using SPSS. My teaching style is mostly conversational, in that I strike up a conversation about a particular topic and allow you to develop your opinions. This is extremely helpful for memory reconciliation and planning for essays. Of course, I also use visual aids with plenty of colour and fun!
I was a Student Learning Assistant during my second year of undergraduate study. This enabled me to work with students in their first year of the course. I focussed mostly on supporting them with SPSS, but I have also helped with essay writing and exam revision.
Please allow at least 12 hours for cancellation- this applies to both myself and the student.
Sept 2017 - Sept 2018: University College of London, MSc Cognitive Neuroscience
Oct 2013 - July 2016 Middlesex University, London
BSc (Hons) Psychology
- First year result: 1:1
Modules including: Foundation Psychology, Psychology Practice & Context. Research Methods & Design in Psychology, Psychological Data Analysis
- Second year result: 1:1
Modules including: Psychological Data Analysis, Research Methods and Ethics in Psychology, Biological and Cognitive Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Social Psychology and Individual Differences
- Final year result: 1:1
Modules including: Psychology of Language, Communication & Literacy, Affective Science and Neuropsychology, Mental Health, Wellbeing & Consciousness
- Final year dissertation (1:1)- Effect of context changes on explicit and implicit memory (currently being considered for publication).
2010-2012 Brentside High School & Sixth Form
A level: Psychology (B), Double GCE Health & Social Care (AB)
AS level: Sociology (B)
July 2016 - Sept 2016 Volunteer Research Assistant, Middlesex University
- Responsible for testing young (aged 18-30) and old (aged 65+) participants in an experiment focussing on the effect of music-mood matching in short- and long-term memory.
- Administered various tests of short-term (free recall & digit span) and long-term (Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale- Fourth Edition; Wechsler Test of Adult Reading) memory.
- Recording data on Microsoft Excel, ready to be input in SPSS for data analysis.
Oct 2014 - May 2015 Student Learning Assistant, Middlesex University
- Facilitating learning in first year undergraduate Psychology students during their labs and workshops.
- Working as part of a team to support lecturers and students in delivering and understanding information, respectively.
- Consistently meeting the needs and requests of both the lecturers and students, along with creating a better and more co-operative learning atmosphere.
- Received training on how to help students in preparing and delivering presentations.
IT Proficient user of Microsoft Office, and a competent user of SPSS
Driving Full driving licence
Languages Filipino and English (fluent), Japanese (basic)
psychology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£15||Not available||£15|
|5 hours||£70||Not available||£75|
|10 hours||£130||Not available||£150|