I have over 30 years' experience in one-to-one tuition and try to give students as much encouragement as possible in a relaxed atmosphere as I find this provides the best possible conditions for their progress.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
My main subjects are maths and physics, to GCSE and A-level, but I also teach primary school children most subjects, but particularly maths and English from age 7 upwards.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have an MA in physics from Oxford University (St Hilda's College) which also included advanced maths. I then went on to do a PhD in medical physics at Guy's Hospital (London University).
- How much do you charge?
I currently charge £30 for primary, £35 for secondary and £40 for A-level per hour, with £2 extra for travel.
- Where do you teach?
I prefer to teach at my home as I have a wide selection of books.
- When are you available?
I am available on Mondays, Tuesdays or Friday evenings from 3.30pm and Saturday mornings or afternoons. If students are not at school during the day I could teach at other times or in the holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
From 7 up to A-level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
SATS, 11+, GCSE or IGCSE and A-level for any exam board.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have specialised in individual tuition for over 30 years. As well as private tuition, I have worked for the home/hospital services of both Bromley and North Kent councils.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
• MA(oxon) in physics with maths subsidiary
• PhD (Lond) in medical physics
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£30||£30||Not available|