My methodology involves a step by step process of using a renown theory to cough research problems from practical phenomena in the society; as well as determining the most suitable method(s) of analysis, software and interpretation style that are catchy
I've known Matthew for some years now as a colleague in the university. He has the capacity to teach and productive scholarship. He is very responsible and emotionally stable. I'm sure he will be a good tutor and mentor to his students.
Mathew is a passionate and hardworking lecturer. He was my lecturer during my undergraduate studies, he was intelligent and has a way of making his students understand him
With about eight years of University experience in guiding students in thesis writing, I have successfully produced many excellent research students across social sciences, arts/humanities and business fields. Some of my students have successfully finished different degree programmes including PhD
• PhD Finance (Economics) Student, Adam Smith Business School, University of Glasgow; Assistant Lecturer, University of Jos, Nigeria
• Date of First Lecturing Appointment : 05/11/2010
• Start Date of PhD Programme: 08/01/2018
• Nationality: Nigerian
• State of Origin: Plateau
• Language Spoken: English
• Sex: Male
• Marital Status: Single
• 2015, University of Jos, Jos-Nigeria.
• M. Sc. Economics; Thesis: Financial Deepening and Intersectoral Growth: Evidence from Nigeria.
• 2014, National Teachers’ Institute, affiliated to National Open University of Nigeria.
Post Graduate Diploma in Education; Thesis: Effects of Learning Environment on the Academic Performance of Economics Students in First Baptist Science Grammar School, Jos.
• 2008, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria-Nigeria.
B.Sc.Economics (Second Class Upper Division); Thesis: Financial Deepening and Economic Growth in Nigeria (1981-2005).
• 2004, Kaduna State College of Education, Kafanchan, Kaduna-Nigeria -Affiliated to Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria-Nigeria.
Interim Joint Matriculation Board Examination Result (Distinction).
• 2001, Mangu Secondary School, Mangu, Plateau-Nigeria.
WASSCE and NECO Certificates.
• 1994, Local Education Authority Primary School, Bungha-Gida, Mangu L.G.A.
First School Leaving Certificate/Testimonial.
• Njiforti, P.P; Adama, J; and Kromtit, M.J (2008): Financial Deepening and Economic Growth in Nigeria. Economic Update-Journal of Contemporary Policy Issues. Department of Economics, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria-Nigeria. 1(1): 259-287.
• Kromtit, M.J (2012): Capital Market Deepening and Economic Growth in Nigeria. International Journal of Continuing Education. Centre for Continuing Education, University of Jos, Jos-Nigeria. 5(1): 89-101
• Gushibet, S.T and Kromtit, M.J (2013). Embracing Small and Medium Enterprises as Poverty Reduction Strategy for Nigerian Youths. International Journal of Advanced Research in Social Engineering and Development Strategies, 1(2): 18-30.
• Akims, K. A and Kromtit, M. J (2013). Development Planning in Developing Countries: The Missing Link in the Nigerian Experience. Journal of Social Sciences and Public Policy, 5(1): 135-146
• Kromtit, M.J (2013). Fiscal Federalism and Economic Growth in Nigeria. Paper Presentation at the International Social and Management Sciences Research Conference, Faculty of Social and Management Sciences, Kaduna State University, Kaduna, 26th March, 2013 to 28th March, 2013.
• Baba, S; Dickson, V and Kromtit, M. J (2014). Entrepreneurship and Employment Generation in Nigeria: A Case Study of National Directorate of Employment (N.D.E). Journal of Social Sciences and Public Policy, 6(2):40-58
• Kromtit, M. J and Tsenkwo, J. B (2014). Recent Trend of Financial Deepening and Economic Growth: Empirical Evidence from Nigeria’s Data. Journal of International Scientific publications, 8: 1204-1219, (concealed information)
• Kromtit, M. J (2015). Monetary Policy and Inflation in Developing Economies: Evidence from Nigeria’s Data. Proceedings of 4th European Business Research Conference 9 - 10 April 2015, Imperial College, London, UK, ISBN: 978-1-(concealed information), (concealed information)
• Onuoha, O.J; Kromtit, M.J and Abimiku, A.C (2015). Agriculture-poverty nexus in Nigeria, Journal of Economic and Financial Issues, Department of Economics University of Jos, 3(1): 115-127
• Kromtit, M . J and Umejiaku, R.I (2016). Implications of Money Market Deepening for Financial Inclusion in Nigeria, Journal of Business and Economics, Academic Star Publishing Company, USA, 7(3): 518-525
• Kromtit, M. J., Charlse, K, Ndangra, D. P and Lado, S (2016). Contribution of Non-oil Sector to Economic Growth in Nigeria (1985-2016), International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canada, (concealed information)
• Kromtit, M. J and Gukat, B. T. (2016). Non-oil Sector and Sustainable Development in Nigeria (1986-2015), Jos Journal of Economics
• Kromtit, M.J (_____). Mobile Money Technology and Tradeoffs between Store of Value and Medium of Exchange Capability in Nigeria. Research Proposal Submitted to the Institute for Money, Technology and Financial Inclusion, University of California, Irvine, USA.
• July 2015-Date, Assistant lecturer, Department of Economics, University of Jos
-Teaching, research, thesis supervision and community service
• November 2010-July 2015 Graduate Assistant, Department of Economics, University of Jos
-Tutorials, research and community service
• November 2009-October 2010, Mangu Secondary School, Mangu, Plateau-Nigeria (Education Officer VI)
-Teaching Economics/improved the performance of students by 30%.
• August 2008-August 2009, Community Secondary School Ogan-Ama, Okrika, Rivers State (NYSC).
-Improved the performance of students in economics from 40% to 80% (July 2009).
-Developed a Local Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy (LEEDS) Document, for Okrika L.G.A, Rivers State.
-Successfully led a Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) Awareness Campaign Group.
• Jannuary2006-Jannuary 2008, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria-Nigeria (Tutor).
-Handling Tutorials in quantitative courses in the Department of Economics.
• Assistant Examination Officer, 2015-Date
• Secretary, Accreditation Committee, 2016
• Time Table Officer, 2013-2015
• Secretary, Econometric Laboratory Committee, 2015-Date
• Good at Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet Browsing, SPSS, Eviews and Stata
AWARD OF EXCELLENCE:
• August 2002, 1st Prize, Boys’ Brigade Nigeria, National Moral Education Competition, Minna, Nigeria.
• A self-motivated Economist who is reliable, trustworthy, numerate and meticulous. Worked for institutions with proficiency in management, research and development and gained a good understanding of what is required of an Economist in the field. A Bachelor Science degree holder in Economics (Second Class Honors-Upper Division) and a Masters degree holder in Economics as well as an excellent communicator, researcher, negotiator and motivator who is confident in position of responsibility and equally comfortable working under pressure on own initiative or as part of a team.
dissertation and thesis’s writing preparation lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£80||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£150||Not available|