I predominately work with new personal trainers and coaches who need help with upskilling in the nuts and bolts of personal training/ strength and conditioning or building of their fitness business. I work very much on a case by case basis and the interventions I put in place will be very much based of a conversation with the individual/s in question and where their deficits in development lie.
I am an accredited strength and conditioning coach, multiple business owner and mentor to personal trainers/coaches looking to build, launch or grow their fitness businesses, in particular in the area of youth development. I currently run a youth development programme for 10-18-year olds that has 65+ young athletes coming through the doors each week. I also work with a huge variety of the general population as well as people with neurological injuries such a cerebral palsy. I currently mentor coaches/PT’s that want to start up or grow their existing youth fitness businesses. I have numerous people I am currently mentoring each requiring a slightly different intervention to help them move forwards. Some individuals need upskilling on the “nuts and bolts” of programming/coaching and understanding on science behind the practical application. Other individuals need help with other areas such as brand and profiling or philosophy and core values. I have 6 areas of expertise that I can help people with.
• Branding and profile (philosophy, social media existence etc)
• Performance plan (nuts and bolts)
• Pricing model
• Promotional pathway (marketing)
• Programme (logistics)
• Potential (scaling the business)
* Founder and co-owner of Cornwall High Performance. (Founded 2012) CHP is a Strength and Conditioning company based in Truro Cornwall at the CHP athletic development Hub. Clients include Exeter University's Penryn Campus which covers volleyball, rugby, netball and hockey teams as well as track and field athletes. We work with some of the country’s best youth and adult professional surfers. We work with football clubs and rugby clubs competing in the highest level of Cornish sport working on predominantly strength, speed, agility and conditioning.
* I have an extremely successful youth development programme running with 65 plus young athletes coming through our doors each week between the ages of 11-18 years old.
* I have setup a separate business called Build Your Youth Fitness Business with Rob and Sam where we help up and coming coaches grow, build or launch their existing or new fitness businesses, particularly in the area of youth fitness.
* I coach the general population helping them to achieve their strength and conditioning goals. This includes performance enhancement, fat loss and general health and wellbeing.
* I am working on numerous projects with the company Science for Sport. Topics include; speed, agility/ change of direction, mobility/flexibility, strength and power. This material will be for coaches or athletes looking to upskill.
* I was employed as lead Strength and Conditioning coach for Truro College academy football team 16-18-year olds between 2016-2018.
* Between 2016-2018 I was the Strength and Conditioning coach to Truro College’s high-performance athletes’ individual sports such as athletics, martial arts, tennis and golf players amongst others. All these athletes were performing at national level and above.
* Throughout the summer of 2013 I obtained an internship with the Cornish Pirates Rugby club. The invaluable experience gave me the necessary skills to further my career. Alongside my work with the pirates I volunteered to help lead strength and conditioning coaching sessions at the Truro College/Exeter Chief’s rugby academy assisting with both gym based sessions and fitness testing. This year had a real influx of players now playing international rugby.
* Throughout the 2013/14 academic year I worked at Penryn College Academy working with 11-16 year olds once a week for performance enhancement in sport.
* Previous non-specific health sector employment includes working as a barman at the Lugger Hotel which helped me to develop my interpersonal and communication skills as well as serving to fund my own further education in strength and conditioning.
UKSCA Accreditation (ASCC) Year
2016 Education Institution
Hons Applied Sport and Exercise Studies (Bsc) 2011 Gloucestershire University 2:2
Sports Coaching and Therapy (Fdsc) 2010 Plymouth University 2:1
Sports Performance and Excellence (National Diploma) 2008 BTEC Edexcel Pass
fitness lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest personal training lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, muscle strengthening lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||Not available||£22|
|5 hours||£100||Not available||£110|
|10 hours||£200||Not available||£220|