I have a passion for teaching pupils that are SEN, low ability or have gaps in their knowledge. Any good maths teacher can teach top sets and G&T students as you would generally need to explain anything once, but it takes a exceedingly prolific teacher to be able to break down a topic in several ways and to scaffold their learning.
Real teacher, real expertise. Over 10,000 hours experience in teaching and tutoring mathematics.
I have been teaching in a wide variety of schools for the passed 13 years ranging from high performing private schools to mainstream to international to special educational needs and pupil referral units.
I have worked as a Lead Practitioner in Mathematics, HoD, DHoD and SEN Teacher throughout my 13 year career and have coached and mentored many teachers, helping them develop their learning and teaching.
My pupils make outstanding progress no matter their starting point.
Two hours or more tuition for home visit will be at a rate of £50 per hour.
Two hours or more tuition for online tuition will be at a rate of £40 per hour.
Camden Centre for Learning November 2017 – August 2020
Hampstead Heath, London
Pupil Referral Unit and Special Education Needs Teacher of Mathematics
• Teacher in both the PRU and SEN sections of the schools, primarily at the KS4 site.
• Contributed in developing a programme of learning that is thematic and cross curricula to better support students complex SEMH needs. The skills of the thematic lessons are mathematically based to support accreditation content (Functional Skills). The broader skills of which will focus on communication, socialisation and a sense of achievement.
• Reviewed the reformed suite of Functional Skills Math from EL1 to L2 and then developed resources for the department to use, including schemes of learning, checklists and entry and exit assessments, for each strand of mathematics.
• Developed, lead and promoted the Numeracy programme at KS4.
• Lead and ran fortnightly ‘Maths Skills’ workshops for support staff to improve skills supporting in the classroom.
• Coached and supported staff, prioritising IP tutors who are non-maths specialists with responsibility to deliver mathematics. In addition to this, I supported with induction of Teachers and BLSAs who will teach/assist in delivering numeracy by having regular meetings and sharing of resources.
• 100% of my lesson observations and learning walks have been rated overall as outstanding.
• Completed a ‘Team Teach’ course and attained a certificate.
The Crest Academy November 2015 – August 2017
Lead Practitioner of mathematics
• I have been given the responsibility of leading whole school Breakthrough (5-10-minute lesson observation with a particular focus), which required creating surveys for the Breakthrough focus, sharing it with the relevant staff on a weekly basis, present the analysis of the Breakthrough in weekly staff briefings as well as the focus for the following week.
• Coach for two members of staff in the leverage leadership scheme.
• Mentor for a Teach First mathematics trainee teacher who has now successfully passed and qualified.
• Responsible for creating the year 10 mathematics schemes of learning, teaching resources including PowerPoints for every lesson and also fortnightly marking & feedback sheets.
• Leading the development of a progressive mastery three-year mathematics KS4 scheme of work.
St Benedict’s Catholic School February 2015 – May 2015
Teacher of Mathematics – Maternity cover
• Covered the teaching timetable of the HoD and was recommended to take on a permanent contact however due to travel commitments, I couldn’t guarantee that I would be back in time for September.
El Gouna International School October 2014 – December 2014
Red Sea, Sinai Egypt
Head of Secondary Mathematics and year 6 co-ordinator
• HoD for a short period of time due to returning to the UK as a result of security concerns which deemed the region unsafe.
Islamia Girls Secondary School September 2013 – August 2014
Brondesbury Park, London
Deputy Head of Mathematics – KS3 Coordinator
• Taught KS3 and GCSE mathematics from year 7 – 9 to a range of abilities including G&T and SEN in mixed ability classes.
• As the Deputy Head of Mathematics, I was responsible for producing and distributing short and medium term lesson plans, from which I constructed weekly lesson plans and assessments for year 7, 8 and 9. In addition to this, end of chapter tests, quarter tests and exams were written by myself in accordance with the plans and provided to the teachers of the department (including the HOD and SMT).
• I was also selected by the Secondary school leadership team to be a mentor and a coach for a trainee teacher of mathematics.
• Was selected by the Primary school leadership team to be involved in the level 6 intervention booster programme for mathematics. I successfully constructed the programme and taught it to the selected year 6 pupils.
Dasman Model School September 2012 – August 2013
Deputy Head of Mathematics & Head of Grade 9
• Taught Algebra 1 and Geometry (American curriculum) to grade 9 and 10 respectively to mixed ability classes.
• As the Deputy Head of Mathematics, I was responsible for producing and distributing short and medium term lesson plans, from which I constructed weekly lesson plans and assessments for grades 9 and 10. In addition to this, weekly review sheets, quizzes, quarter tests and exams were written by myself in accordance with the plans and provided to the teachers of the department (including the HOD, SMT and RI).
• As the Head of Grade 9, I liaised with grade 9 teachers on a weekly basis to discuss students of concern academically and behaviourally, as well as general teacher concerns. These issues were accumulated, analysed and then communicated directly to the Principal. Following this meeting, feedback would be attained, allowing me to advise teachers in addition to the appropriate actions being undertaken.
Copland Community School, A Specialist Science College July 2008 – August 2012
Teacher of Mathematics
• Taught mathematics from year 7 – 12 to a range of abilities including G&T, EAL, BESD and SEN including MLD, ADHD, SPLD, HI, SLCN and ASD. Many of them made outstanding progress of up to 5 sub levels within a year.
• Developed, collected and organised electronic resources of key stages 4 and 5 for the mathematics department including modular KS4.
• Aided the organisation and execution of unit 3 modular for key stage 4, including: creating a scheme of work with reference to textbook and resources, collation of past papers, assessing pupil progress activities and the setting of homework.
• Developed schemes of work for an access class (pupils who have just arrived from abroad and therefore have a very poor handle of the English language).
• Produced summative booster packs and also revision packs for year 11 for half term and study leave, these were mainly exam based/ formative in order to allow the pupils to prepare for exams.
• Prepared pupils for linear and modular exams through after school booster sessions.
• Planned and executed intervention for key stage 3.
• Form tutor to the same group from year 7 to 8 and attended and participated in year meetings.
• Helped to organise and participated in year 6 and sixth form open evening for maths curriculum area.
• Organised whole day workshops for whole school participation and also attended after school activities such as musical and dance productions.
• Consistently rated as outstanding or as good with outstanding features in lesson observations, with the most recent observation being outstanding.
• Selected by the SLT to be a coach, coaching other teachers to help develop their teaching practice and raise the overall quality of teaching and learning.
• Raised attainment through individual learning plans allowing the majority of students to achieve or exceed their target grade.
• Taught over 30% of the schools SEN pupils which include pupils with SPLD, SLCN, MLD, HI, ASD and BESD.
• Recognised by the head teacher via the ‘staff recognition programme’ that my contribution to student welfare is greatly appreciated by staff. I have also been given particular praise for my teaching management in the classroom and for the building of good relations and support with pupils.
• Nominated for the ‘coolest teacher of the year’ and also the ‘funniest teacher of the year’ awards.
• Awarded a SSAT diploma from the SSAT leadership programme and am now a Specialist Schools and Academies Trust Scholar.
• Attended a CPD course in Inspiring and 'Attention Grabbing' Practical Maths Teaching for your Reluctant KS3 Pupils, which I found extremely beneficial.
• Coaching – Developing your role as a coach to improve the quality of teaching and learning.
• SSAT diploma from the SSAT leadership programme course.
• Inspiring and 'Attention Grabbing' Practical Maths Teaching for your Reluctant KS3 Pupils course.
• Good to Outstanding.
• New OFSTED criteria training.
• Teaching & Learning - Approaches to Questioning, feedback to students and getting group work.
• Assessment for learning - Promoting assessment by pupils, sharing learning outcomes and making feedback count
• Differentiation - G&T, EAL and SEN
• The development of learning styles in the classroom.
• Skilful questioning.
• Planning for progression.
• Marking and assessment.
• Data driven classroom, Data, target setting and intervention strategies.
• Teaching and Learning - Functional mathematics.
• Literacy in mathematics.
• SEN - Identifying the needs of SEN students and outline of meeting their needs.
• English as an additional language.
• Behaviour management.
• Digital technology - Creativity, leadership and personalisation.
• Child Protection.
• Health and safety.
• SIMS and the VLE Training.
Bethnal Green Technology College, London. February 2008 - May 2008
Trainee Maths teacher
Chadwell Heath Foundation School, Essex. October 2007 - February 2008
Trainee Maths teacher
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£60||£50|
|5 hours||Not available||£40||£250|
|10 hours||Not available||£40||£500|