With students I review and provide support with course material, class work and home work. My emphasis is on explaining and clarifying concepts of subject material using interactive online teaching and learning resources including youtube and past papers. My aim is to make teaching and learning fun, interesting and engaging students to take a lead on what would they like me to cover including next sessions. Normally first 10 minutes of a lesson is answering questions related to material covered in the past session and then rest of the lesson is to cover new material.
I have taught my child from year 1 - year 9 and soon GCSE subjects in Science, ICT, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. I hold Masters in Business Administration, Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Electrical and Electronics, Bachelor of Science in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry, and I am Chartered IT Professional and Incorporated Engineer. I teach online to one or group worldwide and can travel within 10 mile radius of Ipswich for face-to-face tutoring.
1 week advance notice for normal cancellation.
1 hour before unforeseen circumstances or emergencies
I am a highly experienced service management and delivery professional of ICT and telecommunication systems in a private and public sector, including big four accounting firms, hospitals, small and medium size companies and further / higher education sectors. I have considerable experience with supporting staff and students with teaching and learning needs. I have taught from year 1 to year 12 in Science, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and ICT including Microsoft Office.
Principal Consultant - Contract, (July 2018 – Present)
• Offshore consultancy services for designing and delivering retail and tourism and medical transcription websites, online payment systems.
Head of Technical Support, University of Greenwich, London, UK (August 2014 – June 2018)
• Successful delivered teaching programmes and business applications, including Enterprise Resource Planning and HR systems. Vendor Management, contract and licence management.
• Management of health and Safety, including adhering to H&S policy, procedures and training
• Supported Film and TV studios, stage theatre drama studios, woodworks and 3D printer workshops, iMac/PC/Engineering labs. Provide L1/L2 on premises support to 3rd party suppliers
• Ensured quality assurance by framing IT strategy on ISO27001, GDPR, ITIL and Prince 2
• Planned IT budget, procurement, and management of IT hardware and software
• Leadership in developing 45 team members through ownership, training and appraisals
IT Services Support Manager, University Campus Suffolk, Ipswich, United Kingdom (November 2007 – July 2014)
• Established IT Service desk and end-user support. Troubleshot incidents/issues. Onsite software / applications / hardware and major changes. Liaising with 3rd party suppliers. Created IT strategy, policies, procedures and SLA’s. Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange user administration. Supported network connectivity, server, telephony, card payment devices to Café
• Managed IT budget, contracts and licenses, suppliers and university customer relationships
• Created IT business continuity plan, disaster recovery plans and risk management system
• Installed, supported and troubleshot Win 7 PCs, iMacs, laptops, Audio visual systems, and multifunctional print devices. Established reprographics. Firewalls and antivirus protection.
• Proficient in Parabilis Finance system, Serio soft service desk system (ITIL based), win XP/7, MS office 2010 / 2013
Professional experience (January 1996 – August 2007)
• Senior ICT Technician, Otley College, UK (2005 - 2007)
• Principal Consultant, Mdrocks (Medical Transcription), USA (2002 - 2005)
• Telecommunication / Support Analyst, KPMG LLP, USA (1999 - 2002)
• Engineering Analyst Dulles Networking Associates Inc., USA (1996 – 1999)
Education, Training and Awards
• Master’s in Business Administration, University of Suffolk, October 2012
• Bachelor of Engineering, University of Aberdeen, July 1994
• Level 1 Customer Service, Level 1 IT User Skills, Release Potential, February 2019
• Management of Health and Safety, NEBOSH, December 2017
• ITIL Version 3 Foundation examination, Office of Government of Commerce (iseb), 2009
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) on windows NT 4.0 (1999)
• Incorporated Engineer, Engineering Council (UK), September 2007
• Chartered IT Professional, Chartered Institute of IT (BCS, UK), July 2006
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking ICT lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|