The aim of my photography courses is for students to explore their creativity through the world of the visual language. At the same time, students learn about lighting, composition and how to get the best from their cameras. They develop confidence in learning new skills, through theoretical and practical sessions, working on location, in the studio and darkroom. The tutor makes theory interesting and taking photographs fun. Students learn and practise in small groups and on a one-to-one level.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Courses: The Digital SLR Camera, The Art of Taking Photographs, Portrait Photography, Architectural Photography, Digital Photography & Photoshop, Photoshop, Pinhole Photography, Black & White film Developing, Black & White Printing, Portfolio Assessments.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
MA Design and media Arts
C&G Teachers Training and Development
- How much do you charge?
£35 per hour minimum of 2 hours. Discount for group lessons. Need to charge for some travel/transport cost.
- Where do you teach?
I teach in colleges, art centres and at students' homes in London. I am prepaired to travel outside London, but need to charge for some travel/transport cost.
- When are you available?
Depending on availability, weekends and on week days.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
From the age of 11 to 70.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I work with student to prepare their portfolios for AS, A Level and university entry.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
If you really wish to achieve some in life, you can do it. Focus on it and be prepared to work for it. You can achieve your goals over time.
- What kind of experience do you have?
Fifteen (15) years teaching experience in further education, art centres and university level. Developing courses to meet the needs of a group of students or an individual's specific photographic requirements.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I do have a clear CRS certificate but needs updating.
- Where and with whom did you train?
University of Leiden, The Netherlands.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
The Royal Photographic Society.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
My students come from the London area and from abroad as far a Ghana.
• MA Photography/Design and Media Arts
• C&G Teachers Training and Development
• Royal Photographic Society
painting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£35||£35||Not available|