I am a young, fun and energetic teacher currently studying for a degree in cello performance in one of London's top conservatoires. I teach according to the ambitions of my students; if they wish to take grades, I will prepare them thoroughly for this, however if they do not wish to, this is also great and I will strive to help them progress at the pace that works for them. I aim to inspire my students and whilst I am naturally an ambitious teacher, the student's passion for learning the cello is my upmost priority.
I am a 20 year old cellist studying at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, I have taught three students to grade 5 and I'm happy to take on any standard of student. I am a performing musician with a wide variety of experience and a passion for inspiring my students.
I have a cancellation policy of 24hours.
• Guildhall School of Music & Drama (2017-present), BMus (hons) in classical cello. Professor: Tim Lowe (since 2015)
Natalie Clein (Purbeck Music Festival, 2016), Louise Hopkins, Adrian Brendel, Pierre Doumange, Sue Lowe (International Cello Gathering residential courses, 2014–2107)
Chamber music masterclasses/coaching
Endellion Quartet (GSMD), Thomas Gould (Plush Music Festival), Guy Johnston (RAH BBC Proms Extra, 2016)
Orchestral and ensemble experience
• Worked with: Sir Mark Elder, Maxime Tortellier, Vassily Sinaisky, Roberto Gonzalez-Monjas, Liane Carroll
• Venues: Milton Court, Barbican Hall, St John’s Smith Square, Old Royal Naval College, Greenwich, and St Paul’s Knightsbridge, LSO St Lukes, Poole Lighthouse
• Fiddler on the Roof, GSMD London (2018)
• Recorded film music Abbey Road Studios (2018)
Recorded solo cello for contemporary dance show at Sadler’s Wells
• South West Youth Orchestra, Co-Principal (2013-2015)
• Milton Abbey International Music Festival (2014)
• Young National Schools’ Symphony Orchestra, Principal (2012)
• National Children’s Orchestra (2008-2011)
• Winner Blandford Rotary Competition string prize (2014)
• Music scholarship Bryanston School (2012)
• Finalist Pro Corda National Chamber Music Competition (2009)
• Music scholarship Clayesmore Prep School (2007)
• Benslow Music Trust, selected for cello loan scheme
• Places awarded to Junior Departments of Royal College of Music, Royal Academy of Music and Guildhall School of Music & Drama (2015)
• Cello dep for The String Quartet (Professional string quartet - 2017)
• Saint-Säens A minor cello concerto, Professional orchestra, Poole Lighthouse (2017)
• Young Artist solo recital, Wessex Festival (2016)
• Recitals (2015 & 2016) Poole Arts Association recital series
• Cello soloist in Rutter requiem with VOCES8 (2014)
• Cello teacher for the London Music Centre (2018)
• Cello tutor Camden Youth Orchestra (2018)
• Cello tutor Bryanston String School (2016)
• Academic music and private piano teaching at Clayesmore Prep School (2015)
• Piano (grade 8 distinction)
• Singing (high level of ensemble experience)
Perfect! Evie is a brilliant cello teacher. She is both professional and friendly - and I believe she would be well-suited to teach pupils of any age. She perfectly combines technique with fun, enjoyable pieces. As a private tutor myself, I could not recommend Evie more highly.
James is a fantastic student and a pleasure to teach.
Perfect! Evie is an absolutely wonderful cello teacher. First and foremost she is clearly a first rate cello player. She has also managed to teach my 10 year old the cello - who is not the keenest musician - without him descending into total meltdown (we have had two excellent teachers before but he was much less willing to keep going with them). Evie keeps a good balance of firm but fun which is so important to keep the enthusiasm and momentum going. Evie is perfect I highly recommend her!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|