I base my teaching method on the enjoyment of the pupil. I prioritise the student's preference both in the repertoire studied and the practice amounts recommended, as the key to the student being successful is their enjoyment of the learning process.
I am an undergraduate student currently studying History at UCL. I have been playing saxophone for thirteen years studying at the Royal College of Music's Junior Department before progressing to the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. Whilst I decided not to pursue my undergraduate career at the Guildhall, I still play in a variety of settings such as jazz trios and big bands and am keen to help teach other keen musicians.
University College London
Work and leadership experience
Greene King: Assistant Manager during my year out
• My original role meant I was responsible for the day to day running of the kitchen with the expectation that I would uphold the high standards of food safety and hygiene, customer satisfaction and manage the food stock
• I achieved the highest ratings in food safety and hygiene from the governing board as well as receiving multiple 100% scores on our mystery guest reports
• As Assistant Manager I was given the task of the day to day running of the pub. This included being responsible for all the cash that was taken during the day and maintaining the relationships with customers.
• I worked in these positions for a year, working between 60-70 hours a week, attending regional conferences. Despite my inherent lack of knowledge and ability I listened very carefully to my managers and took on board as much as I could, such as completing all necessary training to gain the necessary qualifications. I believe this demonstrates that I am an extremely fast learner and I am able to take on large amounts of responsibility with very little training.
At Your Service
• I worked at various high-profile events in various venues such as Kensington Palace, Christies, Tate Modern, Trinity House and The Banqueting House
Thames Valley Concert Series
• Concert Manager for the Thames Concert Series 2016/17 – responsible for the logistics and organisation of six professional music concerts
• Three A grades at A Level in Economics, Music and History, sat in June 2018
• Five A*s, four As and one B at IGCSE/GCSE
• DELF B1 French Proficiency Certificate
• Awarded a place to study at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in 2018
• ATCL Diploma in Saxophone (2015) as well as distinctions in my grades two through 8
• I also play the flute, piano, clarinet and sing
• Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene
• Full, clean driving license
• Proficient on all Microsoft platforms
• Extremely keen amateur cyclist, member of the Club des Cinglés du Mont Ventoux
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£40||£30|
|5 hours||Not available||£175||£150|
|10 hours||Not available||£375||£300|