Hello everyone, I am a professional pianist and enthusiastic teacher, currently teaching at the British music school in Ruislip area. I hope to share my piano expertise and love of teaching with students.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach classical piano at all levels.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I completed my Master's in Music Performance from Royal Birmingham Conservatoire and was awarded a scholarship to study under Pianist Margaret Fingerhut and Phillip Martin. Previous to that, I completed my undergraduate studies in Taiwan with Prof. Pei-Chun Liao, and had previously studied at Graz-Ferdinandeum Musikhauptschule for a year.
I have played in many recitals and chamber concerts in Taiwan, Austria and the UK. I have also taken part in numerous masterclasses and music camps.
Below are a few highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Began studying the piano at the age of 5.
- Earned a master's degree in piano performance at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire and a master's degree in music and management at University of Leeds.
- Taught young children, teenagers and adults alike how to play the piano in a fun and accessible way.
- Planned individual students' lessons to focus on proper technique and the formation of good habits.
- Communicated with parents to design the best possible curriculum and practice routine for their child.
- Organized concerts for 30+ performers and 60+ attendees.
- How much do you charge?
I charge £30 for the beginner student (initial), £35 for the intermediate level student, £40 for an hours tuition for the advanced level student (ABRSM grade 6-8). and there will be no charge incurred if you can't attend lesson, provided that you give me 48 hours notice. It is also possible to adjust the time for students' individual needs, in which case the price is negotiable. Please note that I charge an extra £5 for home visits to cover extra time and travel expenses.
- Where do you teach?
I am willing to travel to the area in South Ruislip, Ruislip Garden, West Ruislip, Ruislip Manor, Eastcote, Northolt, Hillingdon, Ealing Broadway etc. The area in the city of London is negotiable.
- When are you available?
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
Music is for everyone and I feel comfortable to teach children and adults. All levels are very welcome.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I always work with students towards their individual needs. I can help the students with the ABRSM exams (all grades), concerts and performances or just aim to improve their piano skills.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
â€œMusic gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.â€
I am a kind, considerate and dedicated piano teacher and try to make lessons fun and informative. I will do my best to help you to work in the most efficient way. As a continuously developing musician and teacher, my intention is to motivate and encourage everyone in their love of music.
- What kind of experience do you have?
With 20 years of piano experience, my professional experience includes coaching dozens of students of all levels and ages, teaching skills that range from basic scales to classical overtures, successfully teaching students to read sheet music, communicating with younger students' parents and organising recitals. Over the course of my career thus far, I have learned that compassion, communication, and encouragement are just as essential to imparting musical knowledge as technical skill.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
• Chinese Culture University (BA Piano Performance)
• Royal Birmingham Conservatoire (MMus Instrumental Performance Piano) | University of Leeds (MA Music and Management)
piano lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£35||£40||Not available|