I offer inspiring lessons in a friendly and relaxing environment. We'll look into all aspects, incl. vocal techniques, rhythm and harmony exercises and emotional interpretations of songs to help create your own style. Let's have fun singing together!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
My speciality is Jazz, Brazilian music (Bossa Nova, Samba, MPB), blues, pop and musical theatre. I also offer support on performance psychology, performance technique to get you out there singing. I also use an effective methodology to help you develop your swing feel if you want to sing jazz standards.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
MMus in Jazz Performance at Trinity Laban Conservatoire.
- How much do you charge?
1hr Trial Lesson : £30.
30mins lesson for children : £20
- Where do you teach?
I teach from my studio.
- When are you available?
I currently have slots available on Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all ages at all levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I prepare students / pupils for auditions and performances in general.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I teach on Skype on a regular basis.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I am an experienced performer, having performed at renowned jazz clubs such as the Vortex, The Spice of Life Soho and Richmix. I have extensive knowledge and experience in teaching with performance psychology and IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet) for those who sings in English as a foreign language.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
I got trained at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance and was taught by Simon Purcell, Julian Siegel, Martin Speake, Brigitte Beraha and Nia Lynn. Also had lessons with Anita Wardell for a few years prior to the college above.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
Some of my students are professional singer / actors who wants to establish jazz singing techniques so I help them develop swing feel, embellishment of the melody and improvisation techniques. I also have some complete beginners and support them in building confidence in singing and guiding them how to love their voice.
• MMus in Jazz at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dnace
• DBS Checked
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|