Sessions are 1:1,multi-sensory and involve a variety of tasks thus making the sessions fun and enjoyable for the student.
Support is offered in reading, spelling, writing, general organisation, processing and memory.
Objectives and targets are established from information provided by the child, the parents and relevant professionals. From this a profile is created for each child, which will pinpoint the exact nature of their learning need. Strategies are developed to target these particular areas. The aims and objectives detailed in the profile will be reviewed periodically to ensure that targets are being met. Progress and feedback will be monitored and reviewed to ensure continued progress.
The process starts with a free one hour informal session to meet with the student and parents to discuss the student's needs, the expectations of the student and parents, any professional recommendation and the initial plan of what support will be provided.
10 years experience of working with special needs and 5 years with students presenting with Dyslexia, Dyslexic tendencies, memory and processing issues and general learning difficulties.
I aim to:
Enable students to become confident and independent learners with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Encourage students, who wish it, to aspire to continue with further education and ultimately a chosen profession in later life
Payment is due in full for all sessions. Any cancelled sessions will be rescheduled as follows:
Cancellation more than 24 hours before the scheduled session:
Payment per session: the session will be rescheduled at a convenient time for both parties over the next two weeks.
Every attempt will be made to reschedule cancelled sessions however, where a mutually convenient time cannot be found, the session fee will forfeited.
Orton Gillingham online academy:
Basic language course
Dyslexia: Supporting individuals with memory weaknesses
Structured, Cumulative Multisensory tuition for Learners with Dyslexia
New to SENCo
British Dyslexia Association:
Dyslexia Support : Practical solutions plus – Reading
Dyslexia Support : Practical solutions plus – Writing
Dyslexia Support : Practical solutions plus – spelling
Teaching assistant training : Southover partnership
Introduction to Special Education needs
Practical strategies to support dyslexia
Collaborative working and top tips for TA
Safeguarding and Child Protection training
VRH training programme
Child Protection procedures and Guidelines
15+ years’ experience of working with children aged 0 -18 years:
· Providing 1 to 1 support of children diagnosed with Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and Dyspraxia.
· Working as a Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator providing support for a range of needs such as Downs syndrome, ADHD, Autism, various learning difficulties and medical needs.
· Working as a Learning Support assistant in a number of primary schools.
· Working as a SEN learning support assistant in a specialist Special Education Needs school.
· Lecturing 16 – 18 year olds with a range of emotional/behaviour problems and physical disabilities, in childcare.
· Working with pre-schoolers in various nurseries, supervising and providing advice in various Sure Start run facilities, parent and toddler groups as well as privately run crèches.
As a result of Working as an employed and freelance IT Systems Analyst for 15 years, with and within teams in various commercial settings, working with pupils at College and children in pre-schools and toddler groups I have acquired the following:
· Good ICT, oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work unsupervised, organise, plan and time manage tasks
· The motivation, supervision and support of adult team members, pupils and children to enable them to complete their tasks effectively, successfully and to the best of their abilities.
support for students with a reading disorder lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest support for students with dyslexia lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, support for students with special needs lessons for all!
Taking support for students with dyspraxia lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£40||Not available||£35|
|5 hours||£170||Not available||£175|
|10 hours||£340||Not available||£350|