I base my classes on the need of the individual(s) focusing on strengthening any weakness be that oral, listening or written skills. I try to engage with the student’s interests while incorporating syllabus material and topics and use a mixture of media (youtube videos, online exercises, music, newspapers, magazines etc).
I have graduated with a BA in French and Spanish with year abroad from Durham University and with an MA in Intercultural Communication from the University of Sheffield. I have worked as a tutor and teaching assistant in France and Spain with students from the ages of 5 - 26 during my year abroad in order to gain my undergraduate degree from Durham University.
Rates vary depending on travel distance and a cancellation fee will be administered if lessons are cancelled on more than two occasions.
February 2020 - October 2020: Gender Equality and Girls Rights' Assistant at Plan International
2018-2019: University of Sheffield, MA Intercultural Communication and International Development
2014-2018: Durham University, BA Modern Languages and Cultures with Year Abroad (French and Spanish)
Classification of degree: 2:1 (obtaining a First in French and Spanish spoken language)
2007-2014: Stockport Grammar School, Manchester
A levels: French (A*), Spanish (A), English Literature(A)
GCSEs: Achieved 10 (8 A* and 2 A) including Maths and English
July – September 2017: Intern Assistant at My Lawyer in Spain, Marbella, Spain
May – July 2017: Copywriting and Marketing Intern at Agreste, Valencia, Spain
September 2016 – May 2017: English British Council Teaching Assistant, Orthez, France
• I led English classes for groups of 5 to 15 pupils ranging from 11 to 24 years old.
• The role required patience and assertiveness as well as the ability to motivate and communicate with students.
• Good time-keeping and organisation were required for flexible working patterns and planning lessons.
September 2016 - May 2017: English Tutor, Orthez, France
• I worked as a tutor teaching English to a 13-year-old French girl working particularly on listening comprehension and oral work.
• Leading studies and adapting to what needed to be focused on to improve weaker aspects.
August - September 2016: English Teaching Assistant for Volunteach Peru, Lima, Peru
• Adaptability in order to integrate into a foreign culture.
• Interaction and communication with teaching staff, parents and children from a variety of backgrounds.
• Team work skills in collaborating with teachers to plan lessons and activities. Led the annual kindergarten spelling bee competition.
July – September 2015: Au Pair / English Tutor, Calafell, Spain
• Given responsibility to look after two children, aged 8 and 10.
• Trustworthiness and reliability in entertaining and teaching the children.
• Required skills in negotiation, assertiveness and communication.
• Developed independence and self-reliance.
September – May 2013-2014
Teaching Assistant, Adswood Primary School, Stockport, United Kingdom
• Led small groups of pupils in extra-curricular activities.
• Helped on the reading bus at the school.
• Helped prepare and create classroom displays.
June 2013: Brabyns Preparatory School, Assistant to Spanish teacher
• Introducing Spanish language to Pre-school and Infant children.
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|