Hello and welcome!
Whatever age or ability you are, all you need in my lessons are a pair of taps, and a passion to learn. If you have these things, then I can't wait to dance with you.
-We will first assess where you are at, and what you would like to gain from our sessions. This is something I will regularly check in with to make sure the lesson suits your needs.
- We'll work on the foundations of tap (especially for beginners), with fun warm ups and technical exercises, which will help you gain knowledge of the tap dance.
- We will finish with a piece of choreography so you can put these elements into practise.
This is my base structure, however could change dependent on what a student needs. My aim is to be flexible and cater to the individual to ensure lessons are personal and specific. Let's dance and have some fun!
- Tap dancer since the age of 3, (19 years of experience) & trained by the incredible Jurek Sroka.
- Passed all BBO (British Ballet Organisation) grades with distinction
- Full marks in Advanced Inter-performance grades 1 & 2.
- Competed in festivals for 11 years.
- 2015: 2nd place at the 'All England', Bloomsbury Theatre, London.
- 2018: National champion at the 'All England', Hackney Empire, London.
Why am I doing this?
I love tap. My teacher passed on his individual style and was one of my biggest inspirations. I'm excited to pass on my unique style to my own students in the same way. I love the confidence dancing can bring -certainly brought me out of my shell and allowed my personality to shine. I think you can never stop pushing yourself and developing your skillset, and in turn this shapes your own personal development. If you've always wanted to dance, please (even if its not with me) GO FOR IT! It's like nothing else.
- My first lesson is 30 minutes and for free.
- In-person lesson will be situated in my home (North London); £30 per hour.
- I can come to you if required, but it is an additional £5 to cover travel expenses.
- If you would rather be in a studio, please communicate this as I have contacts with a studio if needed. This however will also effect the cost of the lesson.
I also teach online classes (zoom); £17 per hour.
Perfect! Lovely and warm personality and so professional throughout. Totally honest with us and couldn't recommend highly enough
Was lovely to meet both of you, and I hope you find a teacher who can help you more specifically with what you're looking for! Keep that energy, and enjoy dancing! All the best, Charlotte
Perfect! I had an amazing first class with Charlotte. She is kind and a patient teacher. Extremely gifted and very passionate about tap dance. I got valuable feedback from her, that will help me fix critical issues in my tap dancing. I look forward to more classes from her.
Fantastic first lesson with Rahul, he is a talented dancer who is dedicated to learning and passionate about tap, which is a wonderful energy to have in the room. I am looking forward to our sessions in the future.
I was lucky enough to be taught tap by Charlotte recently. Her warm, friendly personality matched with her considerate and dedicated teaching style makes for an excellent class. Would really recommend Charlotte for both beginners or those who have a little more experience and want to hone their craft. Have booked more sessions in and plan to do so regularly.
Charlotte has danced from the age of 3 years and through commitment and determination she has worked through all of her tap grades with amazing results. Her last competition she won the award for the All England Tap Dancer of the year in 2017 at the Hackney Empire London. During lockdown she taught me how to tap dance. She was always patient and we had some fantastic giggles along the way when my feet didn’t seem to do want I wanted them to but we got there in the end. If you want to learn how to tap dance, do a dance workout or if it’s just a bit of fun, Charlotte will make you feel special. She is at her happiest when she is dancing so why not come and join her. With her bubbly enthusiasm and infectious laugh, I’m sure you will love every minute of your lesson.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|