I will create a tailored lesson for you to ensure your concepts are clear and you are ready for exams. Topic wise tuition and crash course of key stage 3 to 5 physic near the exam times are also available.
I have created a bank of past exam questions, organized according to each physics topic present in key stage 3 to 5 national curriculums. After completion of each topic, I will show you the ways to solve associate past exam questions. I will also tell you the points/steps examiner is looking to ensure you obtain maximum marks in your finals.
Also, I have a bank of physics related common myths and misconceptions. I use props, visual simulation and pictures to ensure you learn the correct scientific theory related to each topic and overcome any misconceptions. Overcoming common misconceptions will enable you to correctly explain the scientific theories and principles in the exams and apply them correctly to solve the exam problem questions. Additionally, learning correct concepts will be extremely beneficial for you in the long run as it will make your further physics/engineering studies much easier.
I will always motivate you by developing a “can-do” attitude in you. I have broken down large and complex physics topics into smaller sections, and I will teach you one section at a time. I will give you plenty of time to practice each step and then consolidate the whole topic through ‘space and retrieval (a memorization technique)’ practice sessions. This way, you will feel confident in your abilities and hopefully remember the learnt concepts for a lifetime.
I am a firm believer of fair education for all, and that’s why I have kept my prices as low as I could. I feel every student is intelligent and have a right to succeed in their academics. With my guidance and your self-practice, I can ensure you can get A* in physics. I will keep track of your progress throughout the lesson by means of formative assessment questions (worksheets and verbal questions other than the past exam questions), to ensure your concepts are clear. I would not mind putting some extra hours for free to ensure you get good grades. Your success is my success!!!
I would be happy to work on personal statements, cover letter, CVs and university applications of all prospective students, as I believe I have a good understanding of what universities, engineering schools and companies particularly, are looking for and will be able to help you to create a successful application. I am also very happy to discuss GCSE, A Level and university coursework.
I am currently undertaking the Teach First Graduate Teacher Development and Leadership Program. Additionally, teaching physics to key stage 3 to 5 at the state school and studying PGDE course at the University College London (UCL).
Also, I have completed post graduate and bachelor’s studies in Advance Mechanical Engineering with management and Industry from the University of Leicester. I also obtained Higher National Diploma in Marine Engineering from City of Glasgow College. Additionally, I have worked for the Worcester Bosch group as a Research and Development intern and there I applied many physics theoretical concepts into practice. My industrial experience enables me to practically demonstrate various theoretical scientific concepts. by using props, visual simulation, videos, pictures etc. This is called dual coding in teaching and enhances student’s ability to quickly memorize the complex scientific topics.
Besides getting trained as a professional teacher, I also have a two year of tutoring experience. During my master’s studies, I used to teach engineering modules to my fellows and immensely enjoyed it. After my MSc graduation in engineering, I have been tutoring my friends and family members and since then, I have helped various pupils to achieve an outstanding grade in physics. My tutoring experience enables me to get along with pupils and train them in the required subjects with utmost care and concern.
I am a member of the Charter College of Teaching and National Education Union.
I also possess enhanced up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) certificate.
First lesson is free. If there are more students in the same home such as cousins/siblings, then there is a 25% discount for each subsequent student.
Teach First Graduate Teacher Development and Leadership Program at the London state School, UK
• As a trainee physics teacher, my responsibilities are as follows;
• Planning, preparing and presenting Key stage 3-5 physics lessons according to the national curriculum and the SEND guideline to cater the needs of the whole class.
• Taking responsibility of the class progress by means of verbal questioning and worksheets (formative assessment) to check the understanding of students. Furthermore, at the end of each topic, I show students necessary steps to solve the associated past exam questions (summative assessment).
• Continuously researching on scientific misconceptions and new learning resources to ensure my lessons are interactive and up-to-date. I frequently attend subject knowledge enhancement and personal development seminars organized by the Teach First, Charter College of Teaching and National Education Union platforms.
• Motivating pupils and setting high expectations in the classroom by applying various “Teach like a Champion” techniques such as “right is right”, “stretch it”, “show me” along various others.
Product Reliability Intern at Robert Bosch Group GmbH, Worcester, UK
Jul 2016-Apr 2017
• Successfully tested domestic boilers and their individual components to specify the reason for failure in the field through RCA (root cause analysis).
• Designed and built several test rigs to test the respective components on them. As a result, the field failure rates of the tested components were reduced from 15% to 5%.
• Learnt engineering design, RCA, component testing, time management, report writing, and hand on mechanical skills.
• Responsible for updating and graphically representing the Key performance indicators (KPIs) of my department.
• Prosperously raised requisitions for my department to procure test rig parts and also created the best practice document for ordering parts to assure the delivery of goods on time.
• Worked in the after sales contact center to undertake business operations such as registering guarantees and dispatching service engineers to the customer’s site to resolve the fault. Extensively used telephone and SAP software for these business operations. Also received the Certificate of Achievement.
Sales Executive at The Resource Group Holdings, Karachi, Pakistan
Oct 2017-Dec 2017
• Adequately utilized my excellent relationship building and customer focus skills to sell the internet, TV cable, telephone line and home security packages according to the needs of the customers. During my tenure, frequently closed 7 to 10 sale deals ranging from $100 to $1000.
• Achieved outstanding data entry skills as I maintained call center database and regularly completed online bank transactions.
Solution Sales Specialist at Softech Microsystems Ltd, Karachi, Pakistan
Mar 2018-Jun 2018
• Created RFI (request for information), RFP (request for proposals) responses and case studies of the VIDIZMO video streaming platform to satisfy and fulfill the needs of my clients.
• Effectually sold the video streaming platform ranging from $20K to $500K to various international clients. Provided high-quality customer service to the clients by manifesting exceptional product knowledge. Followed the entire after sales customer care protocol to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
Post Graduate Diploma in Education and Leadership –Science, University College London
Jun 2020-Sep 2022
Modules Studying: Developing Subject Knowledge and Pedagogy in Science (Specialism), Planning for Effective Teaching and Learning in Science (Specialism), Research and Practice in Science Education, Reflective Professional Practice, Professional Practice 1 & 2 (School Based).
Subject Knowledge Enhancement Course – Biology, Eureka Online College
Jul 2020-Sep 2020
For the purpose of continuous development, I am currently undertaking 11 – 16 years, 8 weeks of a biology course to enhance my knowledge.
MSc Adv. Mechanical Engineering with Management and Industry, Grade (2:1), University of Leicester Sep 2015-Jan 2018
Modules Studies: MATLAB and CAD, Foundation and Professional Skills, Accounting for Managers, Business Environment, Understanding Surfaces in Engineering, Advanced Solid Mechanics, Leadership in Practice, Advance Material Modelling, Dynamics of Mechanical Systems, Dissertation (The role of green data centres in reducing carbon emission).
BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering, Grade (2:2), University of Leicester
Sep 2013-Jul 2015
Modules Studied: Computer-Based Modeling, Design and Management, Experimentation II, Materials I & II, Thermo & Fluid Dynamics I &II, Mechanics of Structures I & II, Classical Controls, Management, State Variable Controls, Digital Controls, Third Year Project (Rotary powder feeding system design: Instrumented paddle).
Higher National Diploma (HND) Marine Engineering, Grade (A), City of Glasgow College
Oct 2012-Jun 2013
Research & Projects
MSc Dissertation, University of Leicester-The role of green data centers in reducing carbon emissions Jun 2017-Sep 2017
• Described the working of the traditional and green data centers and further quantitatively analyzed the carbon emissions caused by each of them.
• Conducted a detail research on the environmentally sustainable technologies which could be incorporated into the traditional data centres to reduce the carbon footprints while maximising their operational efficiency at the same time.
BEng (Hons) Final Year Project, University of Leicester-Rotary powder feeding system design
Dec 2014-Mar 2015
• Development of design on CAD software, selection and the purchasing of the parts. Manufacturing and commissioning of the system along with the development of a LabView program to automate the torque of the motor.
BEng (Hons) Group Project, University of Leicester-Design engineer of a wind turbine
Mar 2014-Jun 2014
• Proficiently designed a wind turbine on Solid works and further conducted a Finite Element Structural Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics Analysis (CFD) on COMSOL software, to obtain information about the factors such as stiffness, buckling, deflection, and coefficient of lift and drag respectively.
HND Final Year Project, City of Glasgow College-Marine oil purifier room
Dec 2012-Jun 2013
• Designed the marine oil purifier room layout. Techniques learnt and utilized include mind map, Gantt chat, decision matrix, proposal and report writing, and creation of engineering drawings by hand.
• Communication: Able to negotiate and liaise with customers and suppliers effectively. I like to take an active role in project meetings. Accustomed to deliver presentations and possess excellent verbal communication and report writing skill.
• Analytical Skills: Possess a passion for coding and proficiently solved complex differentiation and integration equations related to Newtonian Laws on MATLAB software during my Bachelors and Masters studies.
• Teamwork: Proven effective team member as competently completed various professional and university group projects.
• Learning and achieving: Eager to learn as comprehensively completed 8D problem solving, export control, product liability, time to market (TTM), 5 why’s and failure mode effective analysis (FMEA) online courses at Worcester Bosch by taking personal initiative.
• Research and Problem Solving: Possess an ability to come up with innovative ideas to solve the complex problems by conducting a pre-research about the problem, breaking it down into key components and then selecting the best solution through decision matrix and problem-solving sessions. Took an active part in SCRUM and 8D problem-solving sessions during my placement at Worcester Bosch to solve complex engineering problems.
• Planning and Organising: Able to plan and organise time and tasks efficiently as I extensively used Lean board task management technique, Gantt charts and Outlook calendar for my academic and professional projects.
• Hands on Mechanical Skills: Highly skilled and dependable with the hand tools. Able to perform a service, diagnostics, and repairs and root cause analysis on domestic boiler. Demonstrated these skills during my placement at Worcester Bosch.
• CAD Design: Comprehensive understanding of the computer aided design software i.e. Solid Works. Involved in product design of components such as wind turbine, pinion gear, piston and engine block during my studies.
Well-versed user of MATLAB, LABVIEW, AutoCAD, Solid Works, COMSOL, Microsoft office suite applications (OneNote, Word, Excel, PPT, etc.), CRM (customer relationship manager), Teams, SharePoint, Drop Box, GoToMeeting, Skype, Zoom, Pure Chat, Office 365, VISIO, Adobe Photoshop & Premier Pro and SAP (systems, applications and products) soft wares.
Hands-on Mechanical Workshop Skills:
MNTB (Merchant Navy Training Board), City of Glasgow College
Nov 2012-May 2013
• Machine Workshop: Operated lathe, milling, and drilling machines and executed 18 different jabs.
• Fitting Workshop: Handled all the essential hand tools and fabricated 10 different jabs including ratchet spanner.
• Welding Workshop: Worked on different welding systems including gas, electric arc, and MIG and TIG welding.
• Electrical Workshop: Gained experience of assembling electric motors and pumps.
Selected Achievements Memberships
• Received Certificate of Achievement for my splendid performance in the contact center at Worcester Bosch.
• Achieved Best Performance Certificate in the Design and Management module during my Bachelor’s studies.
• Obtained 25% scholarship from the University of Leicester because of my best academic performance in Master's studies.
Languages, Hobbies and Memberships:
Languages: Fluent in English and Urdu/Hindi.
Hobbies: Play cricket at a competitive level | Gym Activities | Swimming | Reading Books.
Memberships: Member of Charter College of Teaching and National Education Union.
I can highly recommend Fariz as a tutor. He taught me at GCSE Physics and he always found ways to make learning really engaging and interactive. Fariz consistently gave high-quality, helpful verbal and written feedback. He really knows his stuff!
Fariz tutored our son in preparation for his Physics GCSE. He has great subject knowledge as well as a passion for physics is creative in his thinking and very patient and methodological in his explanations. With the help of Fariz’s guidance, my cousin received an A* in his final GCSE physics exam. We recommend him wholeheartedly!
Fariz is a fantastic and attentive tutor - He works excellently with children of a range of ages and explains complex physics concepts to them in a concise and engaging way by the help of videos and other props. Highly recommend!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£22||£17|
|5 hours||Not available||£100||£85|
|10 hours||Not available||£180||£170|