The method of teaching I follow is called Engage Study Activate (ESA). We start by engaging and looking at topics to build investment based on your experiences and your needs and use as much language as we can. We then study new vocabulary and grammar that will then enhance your ability to use the language on top of what you know. Finally activate it using the language in different contexts to see direct results.
I taught in China for 4 years as an English as a second language teacher and I have experience giving lessons to those with no language ability.. I think that you get out what you are willing to put in, the commitment to learning is as important as learning what you can do with language.
About me: I studied photography at university, have worked in video games and learned to fly small planes. I believe that life is built up around discovery and the only way you learn is by trying and failing till you get it right.
2017 January to 2019 November - Education First - Senior teacher
In addition to circa 20 hours of weekly teaching I support, and stand in for, my director of studies overseeing and managing a team of 23 teachers. My duties include:
• Substitute for the DoS in his absence, or as directed
• Aid DoS with administrative responsibilities and/or projects as directed
• Mentor new and developing teachers
• Assist DoS with development and marketing of courses and induction of staff into the practices
• Observe teachers, offering insight into teaching techniques
• Work with DoS and others analysing data to create plans to continually raise teaching standards
• Implement all course management procedures as directed by EF guidelines
• Manage, administer and ensure the quality of interviewing, testing and placement of pupils
• Organise and participate in centre social and marketing events
• Support teachers and encourage sharing ideas for courses and other activities
• Maintain an organised staff room and maintain equipment and resources in good condition
• Develop materials for training new teachers
• New teacher performance assessments followed by improvement action plans
2015 August to 2017 January - Education First - English teacher
All of my duties in this period where carried through to my work form January 2017 onward:
• Become familiar with the programs and study courses
• Develop and use suitable supplementary materials as necessary
• Use audio and video materials in classes
• Educate pupils to the use of CALL, and the internet for language learning purposes
• Administer, correct and record the results of progress reports, tests and assessments for pupils
• Responsible for pupils’ welfare and progress
• Inform pupils of the school’s aims and objectives
• Work with management ensuring full communication and efficient operation of the school
• Assist with course development and marketing
• Induction and training of sales, service and teaching staff
• Maintain student and class records
• Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
• Carry out teaching demonstration classes, life clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
• Cataloguing supplementary materials, running workshops and organising extra-curricular events
• Maintaining the teachers’ room, equipment in good condition
• Continually update administrative procedures employed at the school
• Observe and be observed by colleague teachers and regularly improve teaching skills
2013 November to 2015 July, TopHat Studios - environment artist
• Concepting, art direction and creating assets, props and foliage for computer game
2011 November – 2013 October, Virtus Studios / Tiger Print / Soshi Games - 3D animator
• Creation of game-ready animated graphical assets
• Contributing to game concept development and detailing design process
• Implementing and testing live games
2009 Milton Keynes News - work experience - photojournalist
• Interweb image formatting and finding
• Sport Photojournalism
• Photo editing
vocabulary - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest esol (english) lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£12||£12|