I primarily tutor GCSE student in Maths and Physics. My approach to tutoring involves discussing with the students where they feel they lack knowledge or confidence. Then, creating a year/month-long flexible study schedule which specifically targets the weaker areas. The plan involves my teaching sessions and independent practise sessions. The tailored schedule would be very similar to the one I followed during my A-levels. Additionally, I mentor the students on some key study skills required to memorise efficiently, perform mental arithmetic faster and many more.
Hi! I am Zumer, I have recently completed my Masters in Chemical Engineering from UCL. I completed A-levels Maths, Physics and Chemistry at Henley College achieving a grade of A*AA. During my primary and secondary school years, I was always an average student. Fortunately, at the start of my A-levels, I created a tailored study schedule and developed key study skills which enabled me to turn my initial D grades into A*/A by the end of my two years of A-levels.
I geared my entire early academic focus towards becoming an Engineer, therefore, I would also be able to provide mentoring for anyone looking to apply for engineering in university.
I am open to online skype tutoring if it poses to be more convenient for the student.
MEng Chemical Engineering, University College London, London 2015 - 2019
Software: MS Office, ASPEN, Python, gProms, GAMS and Matlab
Key Modules: Mathematical Modelling & Analysis, Design & Professional Skills, Engineering Experimentation and Advanced Safety & Loss Prevention
4th-year Research Project: Li-ion Batteries Safety
- Performing a jet fire analysis model in order to understand the recent malfunctions in various applications of Lithium-ion batteries
A-Levels, Henley College, Henley on Thames 2013 - 2015
A-Levels: Mathematics (A*), Physics (A), Chemistry (A)
AS Level: Computing (B)
Highest achiever in A-level physics award by Pitney Bowes
GCSEs, Prospect School, Reading 2008 - 2013
10 GCSEs A*- C including Mathematics (A*), Sciences (A), ICT (A) and Business Studies (A)
Independent GCSE STEM Tutor and Mentor, Reading 2018 - Present
- Tutor 2 GCSE students on areas of difficulties along with engineering career focused mentorship
Integrated Engineering Programme Student Ambassador, UCL 2018 - Present
- Lead a team of 6 to showcase engineering on UCL’s social media platforms, resulting in an engagement increase of 16%
- Conducted market research involving 100+ first year engineering students, main finding being that students like more well rounded minor modules compared to specific engineering related subjects
- Delivered an informative speech targeted at GCSE female students on the importance of women in engineering
Undergraduate Engineering Research Intern, UCL 2018 (June) - 2018 (Aug)
- Developed a dual fluidised bed carbonator model retrofitting a post-combustion carbon capture storage plant in Aspen Plus
- Documented the entire development process in a 5000-word report, including a literature review of 30 research papers
Undergraduate Engineering Research Intern, UCL 2017 (July) - 2017 (Sept)
- Developed a programme using Python which builds interactive 2D plots comparing the properties of +20 polymorphs
- Pitched final solution to 4 PhD candidates and Dr Matteo Salvalaglio
Customer Service Assistant, Co-op, Reading 2016 (July) - 2017 (Feb)
- Helping to solve customer problems e.g. refunds or locating specific items
- Collecting payments by cash, cheque or credit card up to £1000
Zumer is a very reliable and friendly tutor. He explains concepts very clearly and in a way which is easy to understand and engaging. I would highly recommend Zumer to anyone wanting to improve their confidence with their subjects.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking other sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£80||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£160||£150|