My teaching methodology is to ensure understanding and knowledge is shared using practical examples and real-word scenarios that help students contextualise accounting theory. These practical examples are areas that I have come across during my extensive working experiences to date.
I am a UK Tax & Reporting Manager with over 9 years of experience in studying and practicing accountancy. During this time, I have successfully completed the ACA qualification with the ICAEW and worked in international firm of chartered accountants.
Education and Qualifications
2013- 2016 ICAEW
ACA: 15 Exams Successfully Completed- ACA Qualified
2009- 2013 University of Leeds
BSc Accountancy & Finance (Industrial): Class II Division I
2007- 2009 Dixons City Academy, Bradford
3 A- Levels: Maths (B), ICT (B), BTEC Business (DIST)
Jan 2018- Present UK Tax & Reporting Manger at Lowell
• My first move away from practice into industry at the UK's largest collections business and a market leading UK group, critically acclaimed with several awards and accreditations in the debt management industry, has given me true insight into a highly regulated industry and financial services business.
• This role covers the management of Lowell UK group tax affairs which includes all aspects of tax compliance and tax reporting under internationally recognised accounting standards, and covers UK taxes such as corporate tax, VAT and PAYE settlement agreements.
• My role consists of a variety UK tax compliance and reporting aspects, including preparing UK tax figures for inclusion in group management accounts, budgets & forecasting and investor reporting. The role also includes assessing and managing tax risk and governance in the UK.
• My responsibilities also include ensuring all UK group tax returns are filed on accurate and timely basis whilst ensuring all aspects of corporation tax at UK group and single entity level are executed in an optimal manner. This role also requires group compliance from an indirect tax perspective by managing the regular VAT compliance cycle, and providing UK tax analysis to the board and investors on the impact of M&A activity, transactions and group restructuring
Sept 2013- Dec 2017 Consultant, Corporate Tax at Deloitte
• This role was within the Tax Service Line, and my work specifically was in Corporate Tax. The scope of my work and the range of clients was extensive, covering technical planning for large multinationals through to standard compliance for small-to-medium enterprises.
• My role consisted of a variety of different technical aspects, including preparing tax computations and corporation tax payment calculations, determining an entities tax accrual & deferred tax position for statutory reporting, participation in external audit engagements as a tax audit specialist, acting as tax agent on communications with HM Revenue & Customs, and determining accurate tax treatment on sensitive transactions using corporation tax legislation.
• Alongside my core role, I completed the ACA qualification with the ICAEW. This prestigious qualification required successful completion of 15 examinations, ethics training and 3 years technical work experience which are necessary to qualify as a Chartered Accountant.
• Beyond my primary role, I was appointed a school governor at a local Primary School, currently the IT user group lead for Deloitte North East Business Tax, been part of a successful Deloitte High-School partnership programme specifically focusing on the Micro Tyco project, and led various graduate recruitment events at Universities.
Feb 2013- Aug 2013 Staff Accountant at Doability.co.uk
• This role was the sole accountant for an online retailer of disability related products.
• My main tasks included managing and reporting financial figures and statistics to the CEO. My role developed into creating costing profiles for the extensive product portfolio, and creating budgets for profit management and boardroom level analysis.
• This role provided a great base for understanding of the FMCG industry, and in particular the documentation required for tax and audit purposes.
Perfect! Qasim is a fantastic teacher, and very patient. Good teaching style, and available when needed for extra tuition. Could not recommend enough.
Adam is a very quick and willing learner, tries to understand the context and purpose behind accounting rules and applies them very well. Very fun and easy to work with - a great student!
Perfect! Qasim helped me with ACA FAR exam. He was an extremely patient and helpful tutor. Definitely would recommend.
Annie is a dedicated, intelligent and very hard working student who was a joy to tutor. She was punctual, communicated questions clearly and asked insightful and useful questions.
Keep working hard Annie and you will certainly achieve the prestigious ACA qualification with the ICAEW.
accounting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest finance lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, marketing lessons for all!
Taking tax system lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|