I focus on interaction with students and my lessons are as much student’s centred as possible. I always try to reduce teacher’s talking time and focus on student’s talking time. I always aim to make lessons interesting, so I use a lot of real-life materials and topic that students are interested in. I mix different teaching methods to create an interesting and differential lesson. I do not adhere to one teaching method and I choose methodology adequate to the topic of a lesson. I use a lot of pair work and group work because I believe that communication is a key element in English language learning.
I am a qualified ESOL tutor and Master of Arts in Education: Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. In 2019 I graduated from the University of Derby and achieved Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and Language with TESOL degree. I have experience in assisting and teaching English as a foreign language in various institutions. During my studies, I completed three student placements at the Adult Learning Centre in Derby College, which gave me the opportunity to plan lessons, manage behaviours in the classroom and support student learning. I was working with various classes of adult students from beginners to Level 1 and 2 of the ESOL programme.
In summer 2019 as well as this year I worked as a teacher and a test marker in Derby English Language Centre during Summer School. I was preparing and delivering English lessons to foreign teenage students who aim to study at the University of Derby. I was also marking speaking, listening, reading and writing tests for various levels.
Additionally, I have experience as a teaching assistant and I supported primary and secondary school students across Derby.
With in-depth knowledge of principles and methods of English language teaching along with teaching practice, I have a proven ability in preparing and delivering lessons.
September 2016 - July 2019 University of Derby
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in English Literature and Language with TESOL
• Diploma of Higher Education in English Literature and Language
• Studies Scheme Based on Cambridge English CELTA Syllabus and Assessment Strategy
September 2019 - August 2020 University of Derby
Master of Arts in Education: Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
February 2018 – May 2018
October 2018 – November 2018
February 2019 – March 2019
Teaching Assistant/ESOL Tutor
• Completed Student Placement in Adult Learning Centre
• Planning, Preparing and Delivering English Lessons to Adult Students on Various Levels of ESOL Programme
• Designing Lesson Plans and Materials to Use in Class
• Assessing Students Understanding, Knowledge and Skills
Derby English Language Centre
July 2019 - August 2019
ESOL Tutor/Test Marker
• Planning, Preparing and Delivering English Lessons to Chinese Students During Summer School Programme
• Testing Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing Tests - University of Derby Entry Requirement Tests (IELTS Equivalent)
September 2019 - present
• Providing Classroom Support for Primary and Secondary School Students
• Providing Teaching Assistance for Groups of Students and Individual Learners
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|