I teach via two conjoint methods. Firstly, I go through the process of explaining the subject in simple terms but with relevant key words and actively engaging with the student by asking questions to ensure they are on track. Where relevant I make demonstrations or give real life examples in order to get a visual reference and better understanding.
Finally, I prepare questions relevant to exams as well as "thinking outside the box" questions to stimulate their thinking and further improve their understanding of the concept.
Being a student myself for the past 10+ years going through different stages and levels, I have come to understand the tricks to use for efficient learn, the details examiners look for and the struggles students go through and how to deal with them.
Previously, I have done a variety of voluntary work in the teaching sector. Started off in a primary school aiding the homework club where the group of students improved the quality of their homework and achieved higher grades.
Currently, I am working as a STEM Ambassador and have earned experience in engaging students with fun activities in science, technology, maths and engineering and thus opening the doors into the World of Science.
University of Portsmouth 2017-2020 BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
• Subjects: Sustainable development, Materials & manufacture, Thermodynamics and fluid mechanics, Mechanics of solids and dynamics, Control systems, Design and Computer Aided Design
• Software: Creo, Ansys, MATLAB
• Final year project based on the “Mechanical characterisation of native and bio-printed cartilage”
Harris Merton Sixth Form 2015-2017
• 3 Cs in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
• A-levels are what have opened my eyes into the world of engineering and helped kindle the passion I now have for the subject. A-levels provided me the foundation knowledge to get me started in my university degree.
Harris Morden 2010-2015:
• 10 GCSEs A-C: English Language(B), Mathematics(A), Physics (A)
• BCS Level 2 ECDL- IT Application Skills- Distinction*
STEM Ambassador 2018-Ongoing
Winchester Science Centre & Planetarium-2018
As a STEM Ambassador I supported this event by being part of the "Invention Studio". I was tasked with:
• Managing some of the hundreds of young visitors of the museum during prepared activities.
• One of the activities was building and testing bridges made of various materials where I explained how different materials can affect the properties of the structure.
• Achieved stronger communicating skills by engaging with the visitors and encouraging them to explore the wonders of science.
“Tomorrow’s Engineers Energy Quest 2020”
Petersfield School- January 2020
Continuing my STEM Ambassador role, I participated in this event by working with other engineers of different backgrounds to deliver an insight into the challenges and solutions of renewable energy into the world today and the future.
• Enthusiastically engaged with the school students by carrying out activities such as building a simple electric car and investigating the effect of distance travel in relation to the power provided
• Motivated students towards engineering career paths by demonstrating and talking about the exciting projects engineers are involved with
• Patiently explained in simple terms physics and engineering concepts and their real life applications
Science teacher assistant July-2016
Harris Academy Merton
• Supported teachers by preparing experimental setups and managing student groups during their laboratories - developed my communication skills.
• Carried out a vast number of experiments independently whilst identifying problems and developing solution. My work improved the experimental method and setup that the GCSE students then used during their lessons.
• Boosted my practical competency, problem solving skills and analytical thinking.
School Head Boy- September 2014- July 2015
Harris Academy Morden
• Using my leadership skills, being confident and a good role model I contributed within the Academy by speaking in assemblies, attending meetings, participating in school events and listening to the student voice.
• Throughout my role I proposed and delivered some changes within the academy. For example, I had met with the principal to discuss about making detentions more beneficial. As a result, work was provided for students to complete so that they could better prepare for their academic exams.
• Gained stronger confidence, leadership, teamworking and public speaking skills.
Other Qualifications and Achievements
Bronze Duke Of Edinburgh’s Award 2014-2015 – Voluntary work After School Homework Club Assistant (6 months) at St Teresa's RC Primary School
• Managed groups of students where I enthusiastically supported them with homework and revision. My group of students improved the quality of their work and thus achieved higher grades.
• Enhanced my teaching and motivating skills but most importantly I had improved my group management abilities.
Hobbies and Interests
• During my free time I have built a radio-controlled aeroplane where the design was determined by my research on aspect ratio, lift properties, wing positioning, centre of pressure and the effect of swept back wings.
• Hobby in electronics and programming by making projects using Arduino. One of the projects involved the determination of the humidity and temperature in the room and displaying those values on an LCD screen.
• Self-taught in using PTC Creo, Python, Microsoft Office.
• Being part of the Ecological society at my university has developed my views of the environment, current challenges the world faces and what is being done to tackle these confrontations.
• Currently working on a personal project involving the performance analysis of different types of 3D printed wind turbines.
• Recently started a blogging page where I am researching technological advancements, engineering projects, biomimicry in engineering and writing articles on the various topics in simpler terms to allow people of all ages and professional backgrounds to understand.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£45||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£90||Not available|